Valves is the latest collaboration between e-instruments and Native Instruments. They say that it offers a brand new take on the brass ensemble library, suitable for a variety of genres.
A spokesperson told us, "Valves is an instantly playable brass ensemble that provides warm evolving textures, all packaged inside an innovative phrase player for those wanting immediate results in their music productions."
Here's more details direct from e-instruments...
Valves - KEY FEATURES
- Five Piece Brass Ensemble; Flugelhorn, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium and Tuba
- Innovative phrase player for instantly creating interweaving, evolving brass phrases
- Instruments were recorded in isolation while being tracked as an ensemble for ultimate flexibility with mixing and effects.
- A wide range of articulations, including crescendos, decrescendos, evolving sustains, swells, waves and more
- 100 ready-to-use tempo synced preset phrases with 3 variations each
- 36 send effects and 36 main effects to choose from, both offering two effects slots each.
- Mixer page providing complete control over individual instruments, effects, and mixing parameters
- Automatable Character and Dynamics controls offer the most expressive performance.
- Polyphonic legato on sustain articulations.
- Native Instruments NKS compatible.
Valves is a blend of softly played brass instruments. A sought-after sound used by composers, songwriters and sound designers, but often missing from sample libraries. Playable as a full ensemble section, Valves outputs interweaving phrases with the single placement of a chord for instantly musical results that will inject lush, evolving textures into musical productions. The articulations and phrases are all synced to the host DAW tempo. The player can choose from the wide selection of presets, which can be edited to taste or used to compose original phrases from scratch.
The instrument is a five-piece brass ensemble comprising Flugelhorn, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, and Tuba. This is not a typical brass quintet sound and as a result has a unique, evocative, and mellow timbre that sets this instrument apart from the more common funk brass section.
The instrument comes packed with over 100 phrases that the user can explore using the preset browser. It includes an array of options from simple sustains to more complex and rhythmic patterns. Users can create phrases from scratch choosing from a long list of chromatically sampled articulations including crescendos, decrescendos, swells, waves, and noises.
All of the instrumentalists in Valves were led by a conductor and recorded together as an ensemble, but isolated in their own rooms. This approach gives both maximum performance without compromising sound quality and offers an enormous amount of flexibility when mixing. Full control is possible over levels, panning, and effects, with 36 effects to choose from, with two send effects and two main effects.
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
Cheap as chips too
Mix transitions made simple, yet so nifty
80s inspired multi-fx pedal
Studio gear, synths and talks