e-instruments, the company known for popular Kontakt based instruments such as Cremona Quartet, Stradivari Violin, Session Horns, Session Strings, and Session Keys, are now offering the Stradivari Cello separately. This instrument had previously only been available as part of the Cremona Quartet which was released in September 2020. This is what they have to say about it...
Features At A Glance
- Solo Cello Instrument
- Smart fingerboard positioning
- Multi-channel, stereo phase-aligned dynamic layers
- Mix between close, mid and far mic positions, or use patch with bespoke stereo mix for
- lighter CPU / RAM requirements.
- Additional room noise control
- Performance-captured vibrato emulates human vibrato technique
- 20 Professionally played articulations
- Including up to 3 legato transitions per articulation
- Virtuoso articulation combines multiple playing techniques without the need for key
- Native Instruments NKS compatible
Though best known for violin making, Stradivari also made other stringed instruments. His 'Stauffer' cello, built in 1700, is listed as an Italian national treasure. It's warm and delicate character means that this instrument performs just as well on it's own as it does within a full ensemble.
This is a faithful version of Antonio Stradivari's "Stauffer" cello from c.1700. Furthermore it has been recorded in the heart of Cremona, the birthplace of Stradivari and the very auditorium designed to hear its sound, the Auditorium Giovanno Arvedi.
The Quartet was recorded in the heart of Cremona, the birthplace of Stradivari and the very auditorium designed to hear them at their best, the Auditorium Giovanno Arvedi. The meticulous recreation of these iconic instruments makes playing the collection a reality, in more ways than one. Not only does the high-quality sample content preserve the sound of these revered instruments for future generations, but also packs the mastery of this historic collection into a set of powerful instruments for modern composers.
The project brought new technical challenges to the e-instruments team who wanted to ensure that this recreation would be free of compromise both in terms of sound and playability. The instruments feature new technologies such as;
Multi-channel, Stereo phase alignment - Every single note of each instrument has been painstakingly sampled at different dynamics and phase-aligned in stereo across multiple microphones. This ensures that all dynamic transitions are free from any phasing artefacts and dynamic changes over long legato transitions, from the softest pianissimo to the most forceful fortissimo, are indistinguishable from that of the real thing.
Performance Captured Vibrato - The e-instruments innovation of performance captured vibrato takes the recording of a professional player's vibrato technique, then reapplies the behaviour of the vibrato parameters to the sample, allowing you to automate or control in real-time, resulting in full and realistic control for an expressive and natural sound.
- Size: 24.8 GB / 44 GB (Lossless Sample Compression)
- 24 bit, 48 kHz
- Kontakt instrument - requires free Kontakt 6 Player or Kontakt 6 Version 6.2.2 or higher
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit) Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 6 GB
- RAM, Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), i5, 6 GB RAM
Pricing and Availability:
Available from January 13th 2022.
Introductory offer of 149€ available until January 31st 2022.
Solo Cello customers also have the option to upgrade to the full quartet for 199€ at a later date.
We take a look
Two new phase-based sequencing modules from 4ms
Supercharged mono synth as plug-in
Yes, in standalone - eventually