Crazy Tube Circuits has released the HI POWER which they say represents the latest innovation in pedal + amp-in-a-box overdrives, drawing inspiration from the blend of two iconic British tone machines that significantly contributed to shaping the sound of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here Album. Here's the details in their own words...
On the pedal's right side, a faithful re-creation of the "Colorsound Power Boost" features BC184 transistors at 18V DC, an internal voltage booster, and a versatile 2-band Baxandall EQ. Modern additions include a bypassable master volume, reverse-log gain control for smoother transitions, and a toggle for the higher gain/lower headroom mode, the Overdriver.
The HI POWER's left side features an all-analog circuit replicating the Hiwatt amp's signature tones, from high-headroom clean to crunchy sounds. With a full EQ section, presence control, and a headroom toggle for 100W or compressed 50W settings, it mirrors the original amp's design, including a master volume for increased gain at higher settings.
Similar to Crazy Tube Circuits' other dual overdrive/amp-in-a-box designs (such as Unobtanium and Crossfire), the HI POWER includes a passive effects loop. This feature offers you the flexibility to connect your preferred pedals between the booster/overdrive and amp in a box section.
- All-analog dual booster/overdrive – amp in a box
- Recreates the tones of the legendary setup used by David Gilmour in the recordings of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here album.
- Right side: faithful reproduction of Colorsound Power Boost / Overdriver circuits
- Left side: 100W and 50W Hiwatt voiced clean / overdrive circuit.
- Passive series effects loop to connect pedals between the two sections or use them separately as independent effects.
- Independent operation of the BOOST/OVERDRIVE and AMP sections
- Click-less true bypass design via high quality relays for each section.
- 2 Footswitches / 2 Status LEDs - one for each effect section.
- Power-up bypass/engage preset function for the footswitches.
- Top mounted jacks
- Power Supply: 9V DC, center negative power supply (not included)
- Made in Greece
Pricing and Availability:
279 EUR / £235
More From: CRAZY TUBE CIRCUITS