In celebration of the 2023 holiday season and the company's fifth anniversary, Cherry Audio has released the free Synthesizer Expander Module, a virtual instrument plugin based on a classic 1974 analog synthesizer. The plugin is available immediately from Cherry Audio at cherryaudio.com/santa. Here's the details direct from the company...
Synthesizer Expander Module is Cherry Audio's free emulation of the classic Oberheim® self-contained synthesizer module of the same name. Though it was a simple, barebones monosynth, the Synthesizer Expander Module possessed a unique tone quality, courtesy of its 12 dB/oct state-variable filter. With lowpass, bandpass, highpass, and notch modes, this flexible filter was the star of the show. We've precisely recreated it with a filter section and Phasor effect programmed by award-winning synth designer Mark Barton (MRB).
And best of all, it's absolutely free! Synthesizer Expander Module joins other free virtual instruments from Cherry Audio, such as the popular Surrealistic MG-1 Plus and the highly acclaimed Voltage Modular Nucleus virtual modular platform. As it celebrates its fifth anniversary in the desktop music production space, Cherry Audio is concluding an astoundingly successful year with this holiday gift to all musicians.
Despite being a free plugin, Synthesizer Expander Module is fully featured. It will delight both vintage synth fans and today's music producers. Synthesizer Expander Module features include:
- Ultra-accurate dual oscillators
- Multi-mode filter emulation by award-winning synth designer Mark Barton (MRB)
- Massive unison mode
- 100 presets for Basses, Leads, and Percussion
- Unique "Phasor" effect section emulating the vintage Oberheim stomp box, also replicated by Mark Barton
- Studio-quality Echo effect with tempo sync
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn and mapping (Preset and Global)
- Highly optimized DSP for optimal performance
- User-adjustable oversampling control
Synthesizer Expander Module is available at no cost exclusively from Cherry Audio and provided in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats for Windows (7 and above) and macOS (10.13 and above), including native support for Apple Silicon.
Pricing and Availability:
Yes, in standalone - eventually
Compact, orange, streaming sampler
Part 1 on cloned synths, will they surpass the originals?
Super flexible synth from U-He and it's free