Riot Audio has released DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS, a set of Kontakt virtual morphing pad instruments. They tell us that, created in collaboration with sound designer/composer Simone Vallecorsa (aka Aeph) with a hybrid analog/digital pathway involving modular effects and a mix of organic and synthetic sources, DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS is the follow-up to BOWED GLASS CLOUDS and BOWED GUITAR CLOUDS. Here's the details in their own words...
DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS is built on Riot Audio's proprietary CLOUDS engine which contains an individually adjustable three-octave spread and two main layers (A & B) with two sublayers each. It uses Kontakt's AET Filter technology and equal power crossfading to morph between these different layers. There is a resulting total of 12 layers that can be morphed, blended and automated to create a wide variety of complex, evolving textures.
DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS is a simple one-page instrument with a clean, easy to grasp user interface. It allows for control of the following parameters:
• Amount and speed of the pre-programmed dynamic morphing between the sublayers
• Absolute levels of all three octaves
• Crossfade between the main layers A & B
• An effects section: tape distortion, bandpass filter frequency, delay and reverb with adjustable times and lengths respectively
• Three-band parametric EQ with musical, broad Qs
DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS allows the user to instantly create rich evolving pad sounds for film scores, trailers, ambient and electronic music. Its sonic palette ranges from bubbling warm synth-like sounds, via ominous airy soundscapes to dissonant, gritty atonal textures. The overall tone is dark and gritty. This makes DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS suitable for a variety of moods and genres – from EDM and trap to sci-fi trailer music and horror film scores.
Riot Audio is a sample library developer headed by award-winning composer Robin Schlochtermeier, whose latest documentary film score project ("THE SPY WHO FELL TO EARTH") is currently on worldwide release on Netflix. Riot Audio's mission is to create quirky, leftfield sample libraries and virtual instruments for producers and composers. Riot Audio's vision is to inspire its users
to write great music by providing them with easily usable, original sounds full of character.
• Full paid version of Kontakt, v5.8.1 or higher (Will not work in the free
• Mac OS X 10.11, i5, 4 GB RAM
• Windows 7, 8, 10, Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM
• 2.64 GB free disk space for DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS sample content
DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS AT A GLANCE
• Multi-layer morphing pad instrument running in Kontakt 5.8 and above (full version only)
• 10 Instruments: Airy Factory / Atonal Evolution / Diamond Flux / Glass Tower / Harmonious Overtones / Jitter Bleeps / Nostalgic Mist /Organ Failure / Refrigerator / Tranced Sentence
• 12 layers of sound in each instrument: A/B layers with two sublayers each and a 3 octave spread
• 6 presets per instrument = 60 sound presets in total
• Lexicon Reverb Modelling
• Based on Riot Audio's proprietary CLOUDS engine using Kontakts AET Filter morphing capabilities
• Total size of sampled content: 2.64 GB
• Instant rich, evolving pad textures
Pricing and Availability:
DIGITAL ANALOG CLOUDS will be available for £39 for a limited period until October 7th 2020 on Riot Audio's website. After that it will be available at a regular price of £59.
Friktion strings, iZotope RX-8, Pendulate, Jupiter 6, FSS MTX8