I use the word portable liberally here, for the new HD1221 is a bit of a beast. Kicking out almost twice the power of the SRM450 and built to last with heavy duty wooden enclosure, this is designed to be used to when you need the power to perform. It can be stand or floor mounted (for use as a monitor wedge) and also flown with mounting points.
Featuring technology from Mackie's high end sound reinforcement sister companies - Martin Audio and EAW, the HD1221 spits out 1200Watts with a Class D Fast Recovery Amplifier.
There's also a built in user voicing system, enabling you to tune the speaker to its purpose - for instance when coupled with an HD1501 Subwoofer unit or as a stage wedge.
• 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification
» LF 500W RMS / 1000W peak
» HF 100W RMS / 200W peak
• High-definition digital processing includes :
»Revolutionary patented acoustic correction
»Transducer time alignment and phase correction
»Precision 2-way crossover
• Custom designed transducers by EAW®
»12” neodymium woofer with 3” voice coil
»1.75” compression driver with heat-treated titanium diaphragm
• Custom designed user-rotatable 90 x 50 horn by Martin Audio®
• 60 degree monitor angle for maximum coverage on stage
• Three user-selectable voicing modes for easy system tuning
• Ultra-compact and lightweight (50 lb / 22.7 kg)
• Integrated limiting and protection circuitry
• Rugged all wood cabinet (15mm birch)
• 12 integrated fly points for horizontal and vertical rigging