Affilliate Links help support the site
Launched at the Summer NAMM show starting today in Nashville, the MPK61
is a semi-weighted, five-octave keyboard controller with MPC pads and technologies. Here's what Akai have to say about it...
You can use this USB/MIDI controller with virtually all audio software including DAWs, sequencers, and the included Ableton Live Lite software. The MPK61's Key Split feature enables you to access to two different programs from the keyboard. Its semi-weighted keys also empower you with aftertouch for complete creative expression. In addition to its capabilities as a keyboard controller, the MPK61 has a full MPC-style production section with 16 genuine MPC pads that are velocity and pressure sensitive. You can control up to 72 different parameters via 24 assignable Q-Link knobs, faders, and buttons as well as optional footswitches.
A selection of MPC technologies are also built into the MPK61. MPC Note Repeat enables the MPK to automatically perform a rhythm pattern, such as 16th notes, for accuracy and speed. MPC Swing, sometimes referred to as "the heart and soul of hip hop," turns perfectly aligned sequences into human-feeling time alignments.
Hit the stage and perform with virtually any software on you Mac or PC or other MIDI instruments with the MPK61.
Pricing and Availability:
- 61-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- 16 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 64 samples
- Control 72 software parameters with 24 assignable Q-Link controllers
- Key Split enables two different sounds from the same keyboard
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- Transport controls for use with sequencers and DAWs
- MPC Full Level, MPC 16-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB and standard MIDI, USB-bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software