Affilliate Links help support the site
Weâ€™ve covered Boss loop stations before at previous shows. Thereâ€™s the medium-sized RC-20XL and the deluxe, extra-wide RC-50. Now thereâ€™s an ultra-compact member of the RC family, the RC-2
, which the Boss man was happy to demonstrate for us.
Housed in a compact-pedal case, the RC-2 puts a whole load of features in a small stompbox.
It can record and store up to 16 mono minutes of audio at a time, either from your own instrument or other external input devices, such as MP3 players / recorders. Each of your layered loop creations can be stored to one of 11 internal patch preset locations. A full list of features is listed below.
Check out the vidâ€¦
- Up to 16 minutes of record time
- Loop Quantize for easy loop-phrase recording
- Realistic Guide-Tone drum patterns built in
- Easy, logical overdubbing and navigation
- Undo / Redo function
- 11 phrases can be stored and recalled
- AUX input to capture phrases from external audio device
- External pedal input