iZotope, Inc. have announced the release of iZotope Radius for Logic
, a version of their high-end time stretching and pitch shifting algorithm built for Apple's Logic Pro. iZotope Radius for Logic integrates directly into Logic Pro's Time Machine and offers a separate application for control of additional parameters.
iZotope Radius allows for independent control over timing and pitch of any audio material while preserving the character and acoustic space of the original recording. Using an advanced hybrid method, it is able to preserve transients and sustained material simultaneously, making it extremely useful for modifying fully mixed performances as well as individual instruments, voices, or other audio sources.
Because Radius is designed for completely transparent operation on a wide variety of source material, iZotope tell us that it is well suited for many applications in video post production, music production, sound design, and home audio.
Some example applications include:
Price and Availability
- time adjustment for film, video and television cues
- pull-up and pull-down for film and video conversion
- changing key for musical practice, performance, and recording
- slowing down recordings for dictation, transcription, and practice
- performing extreme time and pitch effects without distortion
iZotope Radius for Logic is available for purchase directly from iZotope for $399.99 USD.
Requires Logic Pro 7.2.1 or later and Mac OS 10.4.6 or later.