Erica Synths believe that the Stereo FX module and the Stereo DJ VCF, their two new stereo modules in the Drum Series will seriously elevate your drums by adding a dynamic sound treatment.
A spokesperson told us, "Explore a collection of custom hi-fi delay and reverb effects with the Stereo FX module, driven by our new DSP engine or, sculpt your sounds with the Stereo DJ VCF, delivering the distinctive filtering style commonly found on DJ decks."
Here's the details in the company's own words...
The STEREO FX module brings hi-fi stereo effects into the Erica Synths Drum Series. Based on our new DSP engine, the module provides a wide range of custom delay and reverb effects. CV control over various parameters and the ability to save up to 10 presets will make this module an integral part of any performance rack.
- Hi-Fi stereo FX module
- 3 delay and 3 reverb effects
- Tap and clock synchronization of delay time
- Delay time divisions and multiplications in sync mode
- 10 preset patches
- CV control over delay time, feedback, and preset selection
- The FX is developed in collaboration with the Dutch company 112dB which offers some of the best-sounding VST instruments.
As its name suggests, the Erica Synths DJ VCF STEREO module provides sound treatment functionality typically found on DJ decks – it is fully open when the cutoff knob is at 12:00. When turned counter-clockwise, lowpass filtering is applied and when turned clockwise, highpass filtering is initiated. Additionally, there is a nice-sounding, adjustable resonance parameter. This provides hands-on control over the sound during performances as well as unconventional timbre modulations that are hard to achieve with conventional state variable filters.
- Fully analogue stereo DJ-style VCF
- Manual cutoff and resonance control
- Two cutoff CV inputs, one with an attenuverter
Pricing and Availability:
Stereo FX module: RRP 270 EUR / MAP 329 USD
Stereo DJ VCF: RRP 180 EUR / MAP 219 USD
Honey I shrunk the 'king Korg
Super flexible synth from U-He and it's free
Digital vs Digital debate
Moog Rothenberg and more