Waves Audio is now shipping Waves Spherix: a suite of two plugins – a compressor and a brickwall limiter – designed from the ground up for fast, efficient work on the beds (fixed channels) of immersive 7.1.4/7.1.2 mixing environments such as Dolby Atmos®. This is what they have to say about it...
Waves Spherix offers dynamics that are specifically designed for immersive mixing. Finally, you can save precious time and avoid tedious manual workarounds when mixing immersive audio. With Spherix's streamlined, immersive-ready workflows, you can:
- Mix faster without swapping channels: Spherix's quick-access controls, available for each channel right below the metering, allow you to tweak parameters quickly across all channels, without tediously swapping from one channel to the next.
- Tweak multiple channels with a single touch (multi-mono): Use "Control Linking" to group multiple channels by speaker zones--tops, surrounds, your choice of three front-wall groupings (L+R, L+R+C, L+R+C+LFE), or all your channels together. Now you can quickly tweak the settings of multiple channels with a single click of the mouse, mixing quickly in multi-mono while maintaining relative settings between channels.
- Process grouped speaker zones instantly: Use "Channel Linking" to group your channels based on speaker zones--and instantly compress or limit each entire zone as a bus (rather than as separately processed channels). Compress/limit your tops as one unified zone, your sides and rears as another, your front-wall (L+R, L+R+C, or L+R+C+LFE) as yet another zone--with a unified compressor or limiter applied instantly across all channels in the group.
- Adjust the sidechain reaction you want: The innovative Weight control--a Spherix exclusive--lets you adjust the balance and content of the sidechain that feeds channel-linked groups. You can choose whether the grouped channels will react more to each individual channel, more to the entire group, or more to all other channels--including all points in-between.
- Meter multiple channels conveniently: Multi-channel meters let you instantly view the levels and gain reduction of all channels, without having to manually switch channels.
Waves Spherix features:
- Includes the Spherix Compressor and Spherix Limiter
- Dedicated workflows for 7.1.4/7.1.2 immersive formats
- Process entire grouped speaker zones using Channel Linking
- Adjust multiple channels (multi-mono) with fast Control Linking
- Choose from three front-wall linking options: L+R, L+R+C, L+R+C+LFE
- Mix faster with quick-access controls in a streamlined multi-channel layout
- Control multi-channel sidechain reaction using the Spherix-only Weight control
- Monitor levels and gain reduction easily with multi-channel metering
Crystal-clear and punchy, the Waves Spherix Immersive Compressor and Limiter finally give you the workflows you need to create immersive mixes hassle-free and faster than ever.
Pricing and Availability:
Its here, questions?
Users weren't pleased, they respond
Gaz Williams explains
The legacy returns