Electrosmith, a brand dedicated to DIY electronics and our Best Newcomer at NAMM 2020, has announced that Daisy, their embedded platform for music is now live on Kickstarter. This is what they have to say about it...
Create powerful electronic instruments and sound processors with an open source audio development board!
Daisy features everything you need for creating high fidelity audio hardware devices. Just plug in a USB cable and start making sound. No soldering required.
Whether you're teaching classes in STEM education, or creating your next audio product, Daisy will revolutionize your process through a seamless, uncompromising platform.
- Programmability: Daisy supports a number of programming languages including Arduino, Pure Data, Max/MSP, and C++.
- High Fidelity Audio: Daisy features 24-bit stereo audio hardware with up to 192kHz sample rate and 32-bit floating point DSP processing.
- Small Form Factor: Smaller than a stick of gum, the Daisy measures in at just 18mm x 51mm.
- Affordable Price Tag: Unlike other dev boards that require more than one product to create audio, Daisy can be used on its own, and is only $29!
- Easy To Use: Getting started is a breeze, thanks to four, Daisy-powered evaluation platforms:
- Petal - Guitar Pedal
- Patch - Eurorack module
- Field - Desktop Synth
- Pod - Breakout Board
Pricing and Availability:
Daisy is now live on Kickstarter.