Yamaha says that, designed for gigging keyboardists, the YC61 features newly designed Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) Organ engine with physical drawbars, extensive real time control and authentic Acoustic/Electric Piano and FM synth sound. Here's more details from them...
How do you reproduce the warm, authentic sound of an organ in a compact stage piano? You build an organ engine the Yamaha way, from the ground up. Our proprietary Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) recreates the circuits of vintage analog EQs, compressors and phasers right down to the transistors and resistors to capture the subtleties other digital simulations can’t. Whether you’re playing grand piano, upright piano, electric piano or more, YC61 gives you authentic keyboard sounds for any genre of music.
Yamaha puts the sound of your favorite tonewheel organ in one powerful, compact stage piano. YC61 models three flavors of tonewheel - just out of the box, well-traveled and character-rich vintage. Need more? Go under the hood to adjust key click, leakage, rotary speaker speed and more to get the one-of-a-kind organ tone you’ve been searching for.
VCM ROTARY SPEAKER
YC61 brings you the authentic sounds of classic rotary speakers with no maintenance required. Choose from two faithfully modeled rotary speaker profiles – clean and full or dirty and aggressive – and adjust top or bottom rotor speed for total control over all of it.
VCM re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors by modeling the circuits down to the original analog component level.
In 1983, Yamaha introduced the iconic sounds of FM (Frequency Modulation) synthesis to the world with the launch of the DX7. Now YC61 brings FM synthesis to the organ for a new generation of players. Simply switch to FM Organ and your drawbars control 8 FM operators that send a pure sound with massive low end. Add rotary speaker or amp sim effects for character and vibe. Intuitive controls make it easy to discover new sounds. Or recreate classic transistor organ tones from warm to reedy to buzzy by choosing one of three popular FM Organ modes.
Yamaha PREMIUM ACOUSTIC PIANOS
YC61 features two premium concert grand pianos: the Yamaha CFX and Yamaha S700. These pianos provide full dynamic expression and nuance through meticulous recording and voicing.
- With over 17 years of development, the Yamaha CFX is our flagship 9’ concert grand piano. The CFX offers sparkling highs, powerful bass with incredible dynamic range and the strength to project over a full symphony orchestra.
- The S700 is a handcrafted acoustic grand piano built by Yamaha master artisans. It has the power to cut through dense arrangements while remaining delicate and expressive in solo and sparse settings. The S700 was one of the most popular grand piano Voices from the S90ES stage synthesizer and MOTIF ES music production synthesizer.
- The Yamaha C7 is one of the most-recorded pianos in the world and known for being able to cut through a mix with power and clarity.
- The U1 is the most popular upright piano in the world. The YC61 U1 Voice features a vintage, well-used character. This makes it perfect for any music needing the vibe and sound of an authentic upright piano.
- Real FM Electric Pianos.Powered by the same technology that made the DX7 famous Real 8-operator FM synthesis for full dynamic and expression that can’t be reproduced with samples.
- Yamaha introduced the CP80 and CP70 electric grand pianos in 1978 to give musicians great grand piano sound that could cut through a live band. The CP80 sound on the YC61 is powerful and fat with wide, dynamic range.
- The 78 Rd tine electric piano has wide dynamic range, high quality and is great for FX. Suitable for all genres of music.
- 75 Rd has a dirtier,“funkier” tine electric piano sound, great for music requiring vibe and character.
- 73 Rd has a vintage, fat and warm tine electric piano sound perfect for ballads and accompanying singers.
- Wr: The Wr reed electric piano Voice offers vintage and modern versions with wide dynamic range.
At Yamaha, we put everything we’ve learned over the last 100 years into everything you touch. With a totally redesigned waterfall keyboard and the perfect action, the YC61 feels the way an authentic organ was meant to feel. It’s no wonder more players reach for Yamaha keyboards than any other.
Totally new designed keyboard for YC61, to play the organ, piano, and other sounds.
YC61 isn’t just designed to be played. It’s made to be bumped, jostled, scratched, crammed in a van, stuffed in an overhead bin and adored by players and fans, gig after gig. In short, it’s built to last, like the company that stands behind it.
The nine drawbars on the YC61 have the footages and ratcheting you expect in an organ. But there’s more to our drawbars than meets the eye. See-through drawbar stops with customizable LED light color make it easy to see differences between simulated upper and lower configurations and play in split mode. It’s like having a virtual set of drawbars to give you more sounds, more flexibility and more choices than you ever thought possible in a compact stage keyboard.
DIRECT, IMMEDIATE AND TOTAL SOUND CONTROL
YC61 is made for long jams, not long menus. The intuitive interface gives you fast and easy splits, layers and sound-shaping directly from the front panel. Proving that compact doesn’t have to mean complex.
YC61 weighs an amazing 15 pounds, 10 oz. (7.1 kg). Which means it’s compact and light enough for you to be your own roadie. But with a sound that players who can afford roadies will appreciate.
Before you rock, roll. YC61 is available with a soft case. Both case feature zippered compartments for storing pedals and other accessories.
YC61 feature a built-in USB stereo audio and MIDI interface for Mac, PC and iOS. With a single USB cable, you can record the YC61 audio and MIDI to a DAW and play and monitor virtual instruments.
Pricing and Availability: