Denon DJ has announced the introduction of their new SC6000 and SC6000M professional DJ media players and X1850 PRIME Mixer. They say that both standalone media players feature a 10.1-inch touchscreen, Wi-Fi streaming, internal HDD drive bay, large 8.5-inch jog-wheel plus performance pads with sophisticated design illumination, and that the technologically advanced, DJ-booth centrepiece X1850 mixer represents an incredible technical and creative experience for 4-channel, pro-grade audio, mainstage DJ mixing.
Denon DJ’s Creative Director, Paul Dakeyne, told us, “With the introduction of the SC6000 and SC6000M, Denon DJ reaffirms its position as ‘the company that listens’, representing an ever-evolving philosophy to deliver flagship DJ technology to the professional DJ booth. Both units have creatively advanced workflow and feature sets, plus with on-board Wi-Fi streaming, ensure DJs will always have the greatest catalogues of music available to them. Connected to the totally uncompromising features, build quality and performance power of the X1850 mixer, DJs can be sure they truly embrace the future”
Here's more details direct from Denon DJ...
• Advanced Touchscreen UI
The SC6000 and SC6000M PRIME feature a stunning, high-definition 10.1-inch touchscreen with gesture support. DJ’s can navigate, reorganise, filter and search their music with an on-screen keyboard plus view dual-layer playback of track
• Wi-Fi Enabled Music Streaming
Both SC6000 and SC6000M have built-in Wi-Fi and wired internet connectivity enabling DJs to play music from partnered music streaming services, Beatport*, Beatsource*, SoundCloud* and TIDAL (customers receive a FREE 3-month trial subscription to TIDAL).
• Ever-Evolving software
ENGINE OS is the performance power inside the SC6000 and SC6000M, packed with industry first standalone features like on-the-fly music file analysis, on board track preview plus class-leading timestretch and musical key change algorithms. With a proven track record of continuous feature upgrades, ENGINE OS is unmatched in the DJ industry.
Jog Wheel Essentials
The SC6000’s solid, 8.5-inch platter brings a large, ‘hands-on’ surface area for positive and tactile ease-of-use, plus has a precise-feel, smooth tension adjustment for customising to a DJ’s preferred response.
SC6000M – Legacy DJ Vinyl Platter Control
The SC6000M has a die-cast aluminium 8.5-inch motorised platter with newly-designed, ‘quick-release’ vinyl. It offers turntablists ultra-responsive platter control, powered by a brushless DC electric motor, customisable with adjustable torque range adjustment.
Control Serato DJ Pro
Both SC6000/M and X1850 bring advanced control of Serato DJ Pro. This enables touchscreen navigation and flexible hardware control of all Serato DJ Pro’s library and performance features**.
X1850 PRIME - Command the Mix
The rugged all-metal build X1850 4-channel mixer has multi-assignable digital and analogue inputs to handle any mainstage DJ gig. With a defined high-visibility EQ section, 16 enhanced Pro-Club BPM Effects, Filter/Sweep and new FX Quantise control, DJs can easily sculpt beat-grid accurate sonic elements. The X1850 channel faders have positive tension, smooth throw and optimal stability. In addition, dual-USB inputs and two dedicated mic channels add to the essential DJ workflow features with the crisp, OLED screen handling FX parameters and customisable performance options.
SC6000/SC6000M Key Features
• Flagship standalone professional DJ media player powered by Engine OS
• HD 10.1-inch touchscreen
Built-in Wi-Fi and wired internet connectivity for music streaming
• Responsive rubber button performance pads with sophisticated design illumination
• Built-in internal HDD drive bay to store music onboard
• 8.5-inch jog wheel with large surface area for platter manipulation
• Locking IEC connector for secured power cable
• Best-in-class timestretch and musical key change/sync algorithms
• Standalone Track Preview
• Serato DJ Pro controller mode **
• Internal, on-board analysis of music files (including Rekordbox™ collections)
• Dual-layer playback with independent analogue/digital outs
• StagelinQ connection for Event/Pro DJ lighting and video control
• Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
• 8.5-inch motorised-platter with torque adjustment
• New vinyl design with quick release lock
• Motor spin on/off control
X1850 Key Features
• 4-Channel, multi-assignable input, Pro DJ Club Mixer
• 24-bit/96kHz digital output for uncompromised audio quality
• 16 pro-level BPM FX with new FX Quantise control
• ‘MIDI Start with Clock’ feature for syncing external instruments
• Defined visibility, expressive 3-band EQ section
• Rugged, smooth channel line faders
• Channel dedicated Sweep FX and Filter
• Crisp, OLED screen for FX editing and preference adjustments
• Tension adjustable, Denon DJ ‘Flex-Fader’ Crossfader
• Dual-USB audio connections for software and audio devices
• Serato DJ Pro upgrade ready **
• (2) dedicated XLR mic inputs with EQ/Level/talkover
• 5-Port LAN Hub for network & StagelinQ Event lighting/video connectivity
• Locking IEC connector for secured power cable
*available in a future free software update | **Serato controller mode available in a future free software update
Our next updates are just around the corner!
Later this month we will go into public beta for new versions of both Engine OS and Engine Prime.
• Engine OS ‘SoundCloud Public Beta’ – SoundCloud brings the greatest selection of music from the most diverse creator community on earth to both our SC5000 and SC5000M players plus the PRIME 4 Standalone DJ console.
• Engine Prime ‘Sync Manager Public Beta’ – The brand-new Sync Manager brings easy and straight forward file management capability to Engine Prime. Manage and synchronise both your external media and internal hard drives easily, elegantly and efficiently. Any performance changes made on the drive during your set can also be synced back to your computer with just the push of a button. In addition, this update adds support for macOS Catalina and Apple Music too. Try this and other improvements now on our official Forum: (www.denondjforum.com)
Pricing and Availability:
MSRPs for the new PRIME Series products are as follows:
SC6000 PRIME: £1259.99
SC6000M PRIME: £1429.99
X1850 PRIME: £999
All will be available in Q2, 2020. The SC5000 will remain available at £999.99, both the SC5000 and SC5000M will continue to receive updates and evolve with the rest of the family.