Featured in this new demo video of the latest version which adds adds MIDI mapping, polyphonic synth mode, AUv3, and more, Virtual ANS is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS - photoelectronic musical instrument created by Evgeny Murzin from 1938 to 1958. It is available for Mac, Window, Linux and iOS. Here's more from the developer...
The ANS made it possible to draw music in the form of a spectrogram (sonogram), without live instruments and performers. It was used by Stanislav Kreichi, Alfred Schnittke, Edward Artemiev and other Soviet composers in their experimental works. You can also hear the sound of the ANS in Andrei Tarkovsky's movies Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker.
The simulator extends the capabilities of the original instrument. Now it's a full-featured graphics editor where you can convert sound into an image, load and play pictures, draw microtonal/spectral music and create some unusual deep atmospheric sounds. This app is for everyone who loves experiments and is looking for something new.
- unlimited number of pure tone generators;
- powerful sonogram editor - you can draw the spectrum and play it at the same time;
- any sound (from a WAV file or a Microphone/Line-in) can be converted to image (sonogram) and vice versa;
- support for MIDI devices;
- polyphonic synth mode with MIDI mapping;
- supported file formats: WAV, AIFF, PNG, JPEG, GIF;
- supported sound systems: ASIO, DirectSound, MME, ALSA, OSS, JACK, Audiobus, IAA.
Pricing and Availability:
Free download. Donations welcomed.
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
One of the first synths of the analogue rennaisance
Maximus and Ample and more
Small, yet surprisingly good.
Headliners confirmed- tickets available