Handheld, 4-channel device turns a smartphone or tablet into a DAW 27/07/18
Affilliate Links help support the site
CEntrance tells us that the MixerFace R4 mobile recording interface that debuted at NAMM is now shipping worldwide. It’s a mobile recording interface which is designed for songwriters, podcasters, video bloggers, and others to easily record professional-quality audio anywhere using a smartphone or a tablet.
Michael Goodman, CEntrance CEO, told us, "We are very excited to see MixerFace R4 shipping. This product represents a sea change for portable audio recording on a phone or a tablet. Because of its built-in battery, you can record anywhere and get remarkable audio quality. Video blogs and live streaming sessions will sound amazing with our new microphone preamps, and it's now super easy to remotely record and send in instrument overdubs, vocals takes, or voiceovers from the road-using just a smartphone and MixerFace R4."
Here’s the details in the company's own words…
The handheld, 4-channel device turns a smartphone or tablet into a DAW, making it quick and easy to capture musical ideas, remote interviews, field recordings, or live stream audio with video. The built-in high-quality mic preamps feature true 48V phantom power, so users can choose their favorite microphone for recording. An internal, long-lasting rechargeable battery sets MixerFace R4 apart from other portable audio interfaces and makes it the ideal companion for the road to record audio from almost any location. MixerFace R4 also features balanced studio monitor outputs and can double up as a USB recording interface in a project studio.
CEntrance is a leading manufacturer of high-quality recording devices and award-winning Hi-Fi listening solutions. MixerFace R4 builds on the legacy of its USB-powered MicPort Pro and takes the Company's recording product line to a new level of portability and power with MixerFace's built-in battery technology. MixerFace R4 is compatible with most smart phones, tablets and laptops/desktops, including Android and Apple iOS, and macOS and Windows-based computers. About the footprint of a smart phone, the four-input mobile recording interface is designed to easily make high-quality audio recordings on the go and share digital projects online, all while delivering professional results.
MixerFace R4 features:
• Record to Android, Apple iOS, macOS and Windows devices.
• Compatible with most smartphones, tablets, laptops & desktops
• Internal rechargeable battery-High-Capacity Li-Po-for recording anywhere
• Dual Jasmine Mic Preamps(tm) with true 48V phantom power
• Two Neutrik(tm) combo XLR jacks for Mic, Line or Instrument sources
• Hi-Z inputs for electric guitar or bass
• High Pass Filters to cut wind noise during location recording
• Adjustable Zero Latency Monitor control for dialing in the perfect headphone mix
• Stereo AUX input to mix in a 2-channel source for practice or live performance
• AmpExtreme(tm) headphone amp for extra loudness and clarity
• Balanced and un-balanced outputs for flexible speaker monitoring
Pricing and Availability:
MixerFace R4 is now shipping worldwide to US dealers and international distributors. MixerFace R4 has a US MSRP of $349.99; and €349.00 EURO