Modor has released the NF-1 which they say is a hands-on groundbreaking new synth with plenty of knobs and switches to shape sound parameters.
A spokesperson had this to say about it, "Yes, it's digital and we're proud of it. The Modor NF-1 is a digital DSP synth very comparable to the classic Virtual Analog synths, but Modor is moving further on from this point. We use the classic structure of VA-synths, with oscillators, filters and effects, with parameters that can be modulated using LFO's and envelopes. But every element has been retought and reinvented. In a digital way.
The NF-1 has a classic 12dB/oct resonant filter, but we are also giving it a versatile formant filter, never seen in hardware before! It does make classic sawtooth waves, but we're also including a lot of other brand new modulatable noisy waveforms! It has a classic delay effect, but we make every parameter editable to give way to special unexpected effect types! And so on ..."
Here's a list of specifications:
- 448 patches, all factory presets overwritable
- 16x2 green backlit LCD display
- 9V, 600mA adapter connection, positive voltage on center pin
- MIDI IN/THRU/OUT connections, 3x 5-pin DIN connection
- Audio Left and Right outputs, 6.35mm mono jack
- Sustain switch, 6.35mm mono jack
- Volume/modulation pedal, 6.35mm stereo jack
FRONT PANEL CONTROLS
- 42 rotary knobs + 20 switches
- 1 rotary encoder control
- 1 Power switch/volume knob
- Full realtime MIDI control of all sound parameters
- Pitch Bend, Modwheel (CTRL#1), Expression pedal (CTRL#7), Velocity and Aftertouch can be used as modulation sources
- Width: 440mm without rack ears, 480mm with rack ears (19")
- Height: 267mm (10.5"/ 6U)
- Depth: 40mm (front) - 80mm (back)
- Height: 6 rackunits
- Recessed backside connections to ease rack mounting (no lost rackspace above)
- Rack mounting ears included
Pricing and Availability: