Avid has announced added value for Pro Tools® | Software and Pro Tools | HD Software by including upcoming features – such as future cloud collaboration capabilities, as well as a standard Avid Support plan – with new purchases, upgrades, and crossgrades for one full year. Customers who buy or upgrade to Pro Tools 11 by December 20, 2014 receive extended coverage through March 2016. Building on the software deployment flexibility of Avid Everywhere with this new licensing, Avid is making it easy for Pro Tools customers to get on the Avid MediaCentral Platform and stay current into the future.
Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid, told us, "Pro Tools is the most frequently used and highly trusted digital audio workstation in the industry because of its unrivaled sound quality, power, and versatility for music and audio post production. And now we're making it easier for all customers to elevate their music and audio production immediately--and then take it to a higher level as cloud collaboration and other new features become available later."
Here's the details as contained in Avid's press release:
- Lower upgrade pricing for existing customers--and access to future upgrades– Starting in November, Avid will enable owners of Pro Tools 9/10, Pro Tools | HD 9/10, Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, and Pro Tools M-Powered to upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11/Pro Tools | HD 11 and access the latest, most powerful workflows, plus get one year of renewable standard Avid Support--at savings of up to 60% off previous upgrade pricing. Customers upgrading now will have access to upcoming features including cloud collaboration capabilities.
- New Pro Tools | Software purchases also to include future upgrades–Also starting in November, customers can purchase Pro Tools | Software with a one-year, renewable subscription support plan that also includes all Pro Tools | Software upgrades throughout the duration of their plan, as well as one year of renewable Avid Standard Support.
- Avid Support extended through March 2016–As a special limited-time offer, customers who purchase a new license of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support or an upgrade/crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 with Standard Support by December 20, 2014 will have their support plan extended through March 31, 2016. That equals up to 17 months of Pro Tools upgrades, updates, and support instead of the usual 12, depending on when customers purchase. Moving forward, customers will be able to easily renew their plan annually for just $199 (Pro Tools) or $599 (Pro Tools | HD) per year to continue receiving support, updates, and upgrades, so they always have access to the latest tools and features.
These new Pro Tools11 offerings enable customers to:
- Unleash their creativity with incredible processing power
- Add epic numbers of virtual instruments and effects to create rich sounding mixes
- Get unrivaled sound quality and powerful 64-bit performance to handle huge mixes
- Monitor record inputs on native systems with ultra-low latency
- Play and edit HD video right in the Pro Tools timeline--without transcoding
- Compose and polish mixes with over 60 64-bit AAX virtual instrument and effects plug-ins
- Speed up mixing with industry-trusted automation tools
- Enjoy the benefits of being on the Avid MediaCentral Platform
- Communicate and collaborate with other Pro Tools users around the world through the cloud (coming soon)
- Store and archive their sessions locally or in the cloud (coming soon)
- Sell their music and other sound assets in the Avid Marketplace (coming soon)
- Document, manage, protect, and track their assets with a universal metadata schema (coming soon)
- Enjoy track freeze and many more exciting new features coming throughout 2015
Watch the video at the top of the page for more information on the upcoming Pro Tools cloud collaboration capabilities and Avid Marketplace features.
Avid Support for Pro Tools benefits include:
- Get help whenever, wherever, and however you need it
- Have world-class experts available worldwide to answer questions and resolve issues
- Stay up to date with included Pro Tools updates and upgrades
- Gain access to how-to videos, troubleshooting articles, and more from Customer Care
- Add hardware coverage for an additional annual fee for total peace of mind
Pricing and Availability
Starting November 2014:
Owners of Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10, or any version of Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered can upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11* for just $199 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.**
Owners of Pro Tools | HD 9 or Pro Tools | HD 10, or Pro Tools 9 or 10 with the Complete Production Toolkit, can upgrade to Pro Tools | HD 11^ for only $599 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.**
New customers can purchase version 11 of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support for $899 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.**
* An iLok 2 USB key (not included) is required to use Pro Tools 11 software.
** Customers must upgrade to or purchase Pro Tools 11 by December 20, 2014 and activate their software by December 31, 2014 to be eligible to get extended support through March 31, 2016.
^ Pro Tools | HD 11 works with Pro Tools | HDX and Pro Tools | HD Native systems only. An iLok 2 USB key (not included) is required to use the software.