Affilliate Links help support the site
Jazzmutant have unveiled the V2 software upgrade for their Lemur
controller at this year's NAMM show and are celebrating its arrival by announcing price drops for both of their revolutionary controllers...
Here's their press statement...
Jazzmutant's incredible Lemur and Dexter controllers have set the worlds of music and performance alight over the last couple of years, allowing users to interact with their music, sequencers, light and sound in complete freedom and in totally new ways. Both controllers offer superb multitouch-sensitive surfaces with the Dexter aimed at DAW users and the Lemur a more open-ended system allowing users to operate and manipulate a huge variety of sources.
A few weeks ago Jazzmutant announced the V2 software upgrade for the Lemur, and this will be available from this year's NAMM show onwards. This new firmware update takes the Lemur to another level of control, flexibility and intuitive operation. V2 comes packed with new objects and features that allow users to really interact with sound and manipulate it in real time like never before. Workflow improvements, scripting additions and other features allow the controller to be used better, faster and more in tune with some of the most popular software applications around with Ableton Live users, in particular, benefiting from some of the new features.
To celebrate the arrival of V2 Jazzmutant are slashing the prices of both Lemur and Dexter so now even more people are set to enjoy the future of control! A V2-powered Lemur will be reduced to EUR/$1769,00 (Â£1,660) for a limited 60 day period, starting from NAMM. DAW users who want to get their mitts on Dexter's multitouch technology, but have no need for the modular/configurable approach of the Lemur, also have reason to be happy as Jazzmutant will offer the Dexter as a DAW only controller at the heavily (and permanently) reduced price of just EUR/$1519,00 (Â£1,430) â€“ only pay for the features you need! While crossgrading from Dexter to Lemur will no longer be possible, the crossgrade from Lemur to Dexter remains an option.
Finally Jazzmutant have relaunched their on-line store enabling users to buy the controllers direct through the company website so not only are the controllers cheaper than ever but they are easier to purchase as well.
Happy new year and welcome to V2!
Those Lemur v2 features in detail
About the Jazzmutant Lemur:
- Breakpoint object â€“ Offers total control of synthesiser or sampler envelopes with a multi-segment envelope editor to allow you to really get inside a sound, live on stage! Rather than assigning knobs to these sound shapers, jump right in and directly tweak an on-screen representation of the envelope. This familiar, visual interface allows you to see â€“ and hear â€“ exactly how you are changing the sound and you can easily add extra breakpoints with a simple double touch.
- Gesture object â€“ This emulates a trackpad control with advanced gesture recognition and has three novel ways to interact with your sound. You can send different control messages to your computer simply by pinching, rotating or tracing your fingers. An example could be with surround sound: rotate to change the source position, pinch to change the source level, and trace to apply some filter to it. Total control in three steps!
- Alias â€“ Now you can easily produce a copy or alias of a controller object that sends exactly the same information to your computer. This takes up less memory and is much less time consuming than setting up a new object with identical characteristics. Manipulating the original or its doppelganger can now control the same computer parameters but from different interface screens. Moving one will automatically update its "mirror image".
- Tabbed Container â€“ Containers are virtual panels that contain a selection of controls. Tabbed containers allow you to change the contents of this panel at the tap of a finger. Put all the controls you need for one part of your performance in one tab, then simply push the next tab to reveal a whole new bank with zero hassle. This feature allows you to greatly improve interface layouts.
- Mouse and keyboard control â€“ Still finding yourself reaching over to the computer during your live show? Not any more! Now Lemur's objects can be used to remotely control the mouse cursor or computer keyboard.
- Workflow improvements â€“ Setting up your custom performance interface is a breeze with the improved and new-look Jazzeditor. Workflow improvements include the ability to simply drag objects from the new palette into the work area â€“ any custom-made modules from your library will also appear here. It's now no longer necessary to select a MIDI or OSC target for each parameter within an object â€“ just choose a "parent" target and you're done. There's also a new 'colour chooser' to make your interfaces visually distinctive.
- Extended scripting abilities â€“ A new multi-line script pane opens up a whole new world of possibilities. You can now modify the physical behaviour, appearance or size of an object in real time. Add a ball to a Multiball object by touching a pad, or zoom in on a fader for ultimate precision. These scripts can act locally or be received from the computer. For Ableton users that means it is now possible to receive clip names and colours and display them on the Lemur. Any changes in your Live set are automatically reflected on the Lemur. Now you can really put that computer behind you and concentrate on your performance!
The Lemur is a top-of-the-range control surface for audio and media applications. Its major innovation is in its modular graphic interface concept and the exclusive multitouch sensor technology. The continuously growing palette of user-configurable graphic objects enables you to design made-to-measure interfaces by using the bundled JazzEditor. This endows the Lemur with the unique capacity to adapt to all of your projects and software applications; whether you need advanced control of sequencers, modular synthesisers, virtual instruments, VJ software, 3D animation tools or light control.
Pricing and Availability:
See main text.