Affilliate Links help support the site
Akai Professional has announced the XR20 Beat Production Station
which they describe as a new tool for creating beats on-the-go.
Akai tell us that the XR20 is a portable beat production station loaded with a sound set that is geared towards making Hip-Hop and R&B beats wherever and whenever inspiration strikes.
More than 700 pre-loaded sounds cover a range of drums, percussion, effects and instrument samples, while an integrated effects engine includes Reverb, EQ and Compression, enabling musicians to make complete backing tracks. A microphone input is included for mixing vocals over patterns. Bright, backlit pads provide visual cues for added beat precision.
The XR20 features sounds of standard and electronic drums, single (one-shot) hits, bass and synth sounds to, say Akai, easily create the maximum mix in minimal time.
Key features of the XR20 include:
Pricing and Availability:
- More than 700 sounds produced by Chronic Music
- Ninety-nine Preset Patterns and 99 User Patterns.
- Backlit LCD
- Bright, glowing, backlit pads that follow the beat
- Microphone input and Headphone output
- Pattern Play Mode _ different patterns can be triggered from individual pads
- Drum Roll/Note Repeat feature
- Battery Power capability and AC Adapter
The Akai XR20 is coming Q2 with an MSRP of $499.