Jo Langie the former developer/producer of Muzys has been in touch to tell us about his new music application MU.LAB
. Hereâ€™s the lowdown on MU.LAB in his own wordsâ€¦
MU.LAB is a state of the art, ultra-light music application for OSX (ppc+intel) and Windows, designed to compose & perform music of different styles and flavors.
MU.LAB does not have a complex feature set, in which you can get lost - on the contrary, MU.LAB is an easy yet rock-solid musical tool. It's our intention to extend MU.LAB's functionality in the future, but never by compromising on ease of use or quality.
MU.LAB's core feature set:
- Audio Recording & Playback
- MIDI Recording & Playback
- Flexible Composition & Sequence Editing
- Supports Audio and MIDI VST Plugins
- Powerful Audio and MIDI Plugin Routing (up to 100% modular if you want)
- Integrated MuSynth: Powerful Modular Sound Engine
- Integrated MUX: Powerful Modular Audio/MIDI Effect Engine
- Integrated Audio Effects:
- MuVerb: Very Nice Sounding Reverb
- Stereo Echo: Very Versatile Stereo Echo
- Multi Mode Filter: Very Versatile Audio Filter
- And many more MUX patches
- Audio Engine using 32 bit floats, all usable samplerates
- Sample Accurate Sequencing
- Multi Undo/Redo
- Available for OSX (Universal Binary) and Windows
MU.LAB comes in 2 flavors: MU.LAB Free
and MU.LAB Unlimited
. MU.LAB Free is a light version of MU.LAB Unlimited, free to everyone but limited to just 8 tracks. MU.LAB Unlimited at the other hand supports an unlimited number of tracks for more extensive musical productions.
Pricing and Availability:
MU.LAB 1.0 will be officially released on Friday 21 December.