Affilliate Links help support the site
Steinberg has announced Universal Binary updates to VSTiâ€™s based on its HALion sampling technology. The updates are now available for HALion, HALion Player, HALion Player OEM, HALion Symphonic Orchestra
and The Grand 2
The update adds compatibility with Appleâ€™s Intel-powered Macintosh computers and is available for download now to all registered owners of these instruments. The updates also offer the following enhancements (where applicable):
- Support for Intel-based Macs.
- Kontakt 2 and GIGAstudio 3 file import support
- Performance improvements when using Waldorf filters
- Disk-streaming LED improvements and new peak function allows for better streaming analysis and User feedback
- Overlap Mode enhancements
- New Hybrid Rewire mode in standalone allows receiving MIDI from selected port instead of from Rewire connection
- Several smaller enhancements and fixes
More information on the enhancements for each update can be found on the Steinberg website on the relevant Support Download page.