Tubbutec, the maker of numerous superb synth expansions has a new Roland 606 inspired drum sequencer called the 6equencer (pronounced sequencer or sixquencer). It's available in different Eurorack form factors (1U and 3U) and has many useful features aimed at live performance and quick programming of drum patterns.
- Step based drum sequencer with 8 instruments inspired by the TR-606.
- Compatible with analogue and midi based systems
- 16 patterns, chain able in song mode, up to 32 patterns in a song
- Forward, backward, ping-pong and random play directions for patterns and songs
- Mute instruments live
- Probability control of steps
- Record steps by tapping or via midi
- Clear steps while playing
- Pattern length can be set individually (Last Step)
- Copy, Paste and Clear patterns in song mode
- 8 trigger outputs with adjustable trigger length, midi out
- Analogue clock or midi clock input with adjustable clock divider
- Multiple 6equencers can be chained to achieve longer sequences or more instruments.
- Trigger and record via midi in, doubles as midi interface
- Trigger midi instruments via midi out
- Very compact, yet versatile: 3U * 6HP, or 1U * 24HP Intellijel
- For a detailed list and explanation of features, please refer to the user manual (PDF), which is also included with the 6equencer. There are a lot more features than listed here.
- Firmware update is possible via MIDI SYSEX
The user manual can be found here with more details on their website https://tubbutec.de/6equencer/
About the author [midierror]: midierror makes nifty Max For Live devices, innovative music hardware, award winning sample packs and hosts a podcast speaking to people in the music world.