HoRNet describes Butterfly as an audio mastering tool designed to give you the tools for the final touches for your stereo mix or for mastering. They say that it borrows the same high quality processing modules found in their SAMP, the master processor for Dolby Atmos. Here's the details direct from the company...
Packaged into a single plugin you can find: an equalizer (using the same technology found in our TotalEQ) a compressor (using the same technology of our SyncPressor) a clipper and a limiter (using the same technology of our Magnus MK2). These processors guarantee a very high quality processing thanks to the intelligent oversampling designed to give the plugin enough bandwidth to process the sound without artifact at every sample rate. The order of the effect can be rearranged dragging their position in the top tabs control section and in the left part of the interface you can find a handy LUFS metering section that shows you the input and output levels with the standard "momentary", "short term", "integrated" and "true peak" readings. With its four processing modules HoRNet Butterfly can be used to master any stereo song with high precision and great results.
While we designed the plugin to work on stereo busses there is nothing that prevents you from using it on mono channels transforming it into a powerful channel strip and of course if you don't need a limiter o a clipper each module can be independently disabled to save CPU power, don't worry though, Butterfly it's also light on your cpu so you can add safety as many instances as you want.
- Equalizer based on TotalEQ with up to 6 different bands
- Compressor based on SyncPressor
- Clipper and Limiter based on Magnus MK2
- Input and output gain slider
- Attack and release times can be synced to DAW tempo
- Module order freely selectable
- Bypass button for each module and global bypass button
- LUFS input and output metering
- Online help
- Intelligent oversampling up to 4x
- Resizable vector GUI
- Hardware accelerated GUI
- Apple M1 support
- macOS (10.11 and later) and Windows (7 and later, OpenGL 2.1 required) support.
- 64-bit only plugins for macOS and Windows.
- Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.
Pricing and Availability:
Compact, orange, streaming sampler
With the Boss RC-505 MKII
Older Music Machines & the People Who Still Use Them
Still tiny and DIY but impressive though