In 2019, Hiroaki Nishijima, the synthesizer engineer, who designed the Korg MS-20, joined Behringer in their mission to create amazing synthesizers everyone can afford. That collaboration is soon to result in a new groove synthesizer - the Hirotribe.
Hiroaki has this to say about it, "The 'Hirotribe' is one of the analog synthesizers I always wanted to achieve. 'Hiro' of 'Hirotribe' was taken from my first name 'Hiroaki'. I designed and developed the 'Korg Monotribe', but I really wanted to make an evolved version of it. Fortunately, Uli Behringer kindly agreed to my proposal. I devised the panel design, specifications and the first schematic. Various specifications were added or changed during the development process, and each time the project members had a hard time. However, looking at the 'Hirotribe' that was completed in this way, the hardships seem to be a nostalgic story. Thank you to all the project members, you did a very good job and I am very happy. Now that the product is completed, I would be honored if you could all enjoy this 'Hirotribe' with my heart."
Behringer says that the Hirotribe is now fully completed and, as with all of the other new synths they have recently announced, will be released once they receive the semiconductors. Suggested price is $99 and Behringer tells us that they have planned for many more synths under Hiro's leadership.
What's under the hood of the Hirotribe?
Portable Analog Groove Synthesizer with 2 DCOs, Drum Machine and Sequencer
- Analog groove synthesizer with built-in drum machine and sequencer
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic DCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 2 individual oscillators with saw, triangle and square waveforms
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- LFO with 3 wave shapes for modulating both pitch and filter cutoff
- Single knob envelope generator with 3 continuous parameters Attack, Decay and Sustain
- Analog drum machine with bass drum, snare, closed hi-hat and open hi-hat
- 16-step motion sequencer with and memory slots
- 27 touch-sensitive keys for great playability with non-scale notes function
- Sync Input and Output to synchronize with your other synthesizers or drum machines
- USB Micro connector allows powering via smartphone, power bank or computer
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
Massive sonic experience from Alexander Hacke
Macro Controls and viewer questions
We visit the Warsaw factory