Phonolyth (aka developer Yuri Turov) has announced the release of Velvet Machine for macOS (AU+VST3) and Windows (VST3), previously available only on iOS. The Mac version is also a Universal Binary 2, meaning it runs natively on both Intel and Apple Silicon. This is what he has to say about it...
Velvet Machine is a sonic texture generator / blur / non-linear reverb effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise. It's designed to:
- Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds.
- Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.).
- Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds).
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature.
- Effect time ranging from 50 ms to 10 s.
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second.
- Predelay up to 1 s.
- Host tempo sync for time and predelay.
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal.
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet.
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant.
- Fully resizable vector-based UI.
- Cross-platform preset format.
Pricing and Availability:
Intro Price: $16 until June 1st 2021 (Reg. $32). Free demo version available.
The iOS version is also on sale: $3.99 (Reg. $7.99).
With Delta CEP A and friends
Nifty inline doo dahs
Oh and NAMM too
Hold on, there's more