DirtyWave tells us that their first product, M8 Tracker, is available for preorder. They describe it as an 8 track handheld/portable synthesizer/sampler/sequencer tracker, with proper MIDI input/output implementation and the whole lot. Here's the official word from DirtyWave...
Portable tracker sequencer and synthesizer M8 is powered by the Teensy micro-controller and inspired with love from the renowned Gameboy tracker Little Sound DJ. Featuring 8 tracks of freely assignable instruments capable of a wide range of sounds including waveform synthesis, FM, virtual analog, sample playback, and MIDI output.
- 8 Monophonic Tracks/Voices
- 255 Patterns/Phrases & chains
- 256 Instrument Tables for advanced modulation
- 128 Instruments per song
- Song Arranger with Live mode
- Instantaneous song recall
- Full MIDI input & Output support
Instruments & Effects
- Wavsynth - Classic console & computer chip emulation.
- Macrosynth - Based on Mutable Instruments Braids
- FM - 4 OP 12 algorithm with feedback per operator.
- Sampler - 8/16/24 bit mono and full stereo wav format.
- MIDI Instruments with 10 user definable CCs.
- Global reverb, chorus, delay and a master bus limiter.
- Sample recording and song rendering/bouncing.
- No sample memory or length limitation.
- 3.5mm TRS MIDI (Type A or Type B) input and output.
- Stereo audio input and Headphone/main output
- USB MIDI and Audio compliant (Micro-USB)
- SDHC Micro SD slot for storage
- 1200mAh USB rechargeable battery - up to 6 hours use.
- High quality 2.8" IPS display with capacitive touch
- Dimensions: 96mm x 133mm x 18~20mm
Pricing and Availability:
Available for preorder at $450. Shipping starts in July/August
New Roland Boutiques, Look Mum Pendulum, Eventide Split EQ
Bit for Bit copy - how does it fare?
Owen Palmer takes a look
We got a look at it in action