Soundiron tells us that Hopkin Instrumentarium: RATTLETINES is a set of unique hand-crafted tuned percussion instruments created by instrument designer and sound sculptor Bart Hopkin. They say that these one-of-a-kind kalimba-like instruments each produce their own special flavor of rattle or buzz with every note having its own warmly resonant flavor. Here's their full description...
Rattletine includes two rows of tines, with the upper tines hammering against “anvils” as they vibrate. The lower row is clean, for a clearer tone quality. Mahogany and Hacksaw Blades both feature tongues with holes punched in them and small pieces of metal wrapped through.
When plucked, the metal wrappings rattle as the tongue vibrates, producing a unique buzzing sound. Aptly named, Hacksaw Blades uses actual hacksaw blades for the tongues. We've faithfully sampled tine plucks and percussive hand slaps on the instrument bodies, with two stereo mic positions. While this library works perfect for children’s music, it can also unleash brooding and sinister cascades great for scoring horror soundtracks. We also include a wide selection custom FX presets and lots of our signature sound designed ambient and cinematic content.
- 5 Master presets and 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
- 3 Unique Hand-crafted lamellophones each with 2 mic positions
- Percussive knock effects, glisses and 8 bonus ambient effects, pads and drones
- 7,952 Stereo Samples
- 3.23 GB Installed
- 24-bit, 48 kHz Stereo Lossless NCW Format for Kontakt presets
- 20 custom sound designed FX and ambient presets
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator.
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments
- It's Made For Kontakt 6 Player and is compatible with Komplete Kontrol and S-Series hardware.
Pricing and Availability:
Rattletines is on sale now for $29.00 until September 2nd (MSRP $39)
More From: SOUNDIRON
A quick demo using mpe to control Deckards Dream
Presonus extend the Quantum range, release new Studiolive ARc Range and new ioStation
AXR4U offers an alternative to the AXR4T Thunderbolt interface
Beat creation and performance instrument features 16 pads and onboard step sequencer