Steinberg has announced the immediate availability of the VST Connect Performer app for iPad through the App Store. The iPad version of VST Connect Performer offers online remote recording collaboration with producers and musicians in real time.
Steinberg's VST Connect plug-in links Cubase production environments to any musician connected to the Internet through a computer or iPad running VST Connect Performer. VST Connect Performer transmits audio data from the iPad to the host computer and establishes a communications uplink between musicians and producers.
VST Connect Performer requires a peer-to-peer connection with VST Connect SE (included in Cubase versions 7.5 and 7 and Nuendo versions 6.5 and 6) or VST Connect Pro.
"VST Connect Performer's finally available for the iPad. This means that musicians and producers collaborating with studios running VST Connect don't need a laptop or computer but can stream their performance directly from the iPad. And the display's real estate gives users sufficient room to navigate easily around the app," said Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
Features at a glance
• Collaborate with other musicians and producers around the world
• Peer-to-peer solution with sample accurate sync
• Cue mix section for optimal recording environment
• Encrypted transfer for secure exchange of important audio material*
• Multi-channel support for remote recording of up to 16 channels*
• Up to 192 kHz and 24-bit audio support with downstream transfer of large-scale uncompressed audio files*
• LAN support for connections in your local network*
* VST Connect Pro only
Pricing and Availability:
VST Connect Performer for iPad is now available to purchase through the App Store for 4.49 euros, including German VAT.
State of the art for super-wide workflow enhancement