Universal Audio tells us that, with its class-leading sound and Realtime UAD Processing, the Apollo Twin sets a new standard for desktop audio interfaces. They say that this 2x6 Mac Thunderbolt interface allows you to track high-resolution audio with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins -- ingeniously merging classic analog tones with cutting-edge features.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines,
- Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
- Unison technology (see below) offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps
- Two premium mic/line preamps; Two line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphones output
- Two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to eight channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX64 in all major DAWs
Universal Audio has also announced Unison technology (as featured in the Apollo Twin) at the show. They describe it as an audio processing breakthrough that enables the Apollo Audio Interfaces' onboard mic preamps to sound and behave like the world's most sought-after tube and solid state preamps.
More than three years in the making, Unison is an exclusive analog/digital integration system that gives the user continuous, realtime, bi-directional control and interplay between Apollo's physical hardware and UAD software mic preamp models. With Unison, the Apollo mic preamp's analog impedance, gain stage sweet spots, and component-level circuit behaviors are adjusted in real time prior to analog-to-digital conversion to accurately emulate the target mic preamp model.
"Apollo was designed and built with mic preamp modeling in mind, and has included input impedance switching from the very beginning -- every Apollo mic preamp is Unison-ready," says Universal Audio CEO Bill Putnam Jr. "The UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ is the first of many Unison-enabled plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform. It's included with the new Apollo Twin desktop interface, and will be available for all Apollo customers in Q1."
Unison Key Features:
- An exclusive analog/digital integration system that's already built into every Apollo mic preamp
- Enables Apollo mic preamps to sound and behave like the world's most sought-after tube and solid state preamps -- including their all-important impedance, gain stage sweet spots, and component-level circuit behaviors.
- Continuous, realtime, bi-directional control and interplay between Apollo's physical hardware and UAD software preamp model.
Pricing and Availability:
$699 Street Price for Apollo Twin DUO
$899 Street Price for Apollo Twin QUAD