Nearly 30 years after the Sequential Circuits Pro One's release, Music Technologies Group has announced a Pro One Replacement CPU.
The new CPU is a plug and play replacement for the original and ups the sequencer length to 256 steps, from 40.
- Plug n Play. No soldering required.
- Supports the original functionality including the sequencer and arpeggiator.
- Each sequence can be up to 256 steps (compared to total of 40 steps on the original).
- Sequences are retained in memory even after power-down. The CPU module does not use a battery.
- Power-on settable parameters for clock start mode, arpeggio up/down mode and arpeggio gate time.
- DIY tips for building a MIDI interface that allows you to re-flash the CPU firmware (E.g. sending a Sys Ex file using MIDIOX or similar).
Pricing and Availability
These are being sold via eBay. See the MTG site for more info.
Image: Corey Holms