Variety of Sound has released version 1.5 of its free FerricTDS tape dynamics simulator for Windows.
FerricTDS is designed to dynamic effects that can be obtained with high quality tape gear.
New In This Viersion:
- operates with zero latency processing now
- latency is correctly reported to host now
- 100% flat frequency and phase response, allows external dry/wet mixing
- tape mode switch added with classic and modern sound option
- reworked limiter offers true and accurate brickwall limiting now (in 100% position)
- visual limiting indicator added
- ~50% cpu savings (depending on actual board+cpu type)
- vast stability improvements in Cubase hosts
- audio crackles while loading and on/off operation removed
- input level adjustment option added
- TRIM knob range extended to -6/+6 dB
- internal gain staging is slightly adjusted
- new plug-in ID used
- small graphic alignments and retouch
- version number added in credits pop up screen
- parameter list sorted (as appearing in host)
- presets adjusted
- extended manual
Pricing and Availability
FerricTDS is available now for Windows as a VST.
Note: This version is not a backwards compatible and therefore provides a different plug-in ID. FerricTDS 1.5 requires a SSE2 (or higher) compatible system.