Affilliate Links help support the site
Avid have introduced Sibelius First
consumer notation and composition software application that they say makes music creation fast
and easy for virtually anyone. Here's all the details from them...
Sibelius First takes advantage of Avid's Sibelius 6 toolset
â€“ the industry-leading professional scoring software â€“for its ease of use and innovative
features. Sibelius First helps people easily notate, scan, play back, transcribe, arrange,
print and publish their music, eliminating the intricacies of musical notation that novice
users might find cumbersome.
Sibelius First is an ideal solution for creative people interested in making their own
music, from the hobbyist composing music at home to the songwriter who needs to
produce individual parts for their bands.
Sibelius First Features Include
Pricing and Availability:
- Magnetic Layout: enables users to cut score preparation time in half by
automatically moving score elements into their perfect position.
- Dynamic Parts: automatically synchronizes any changes made to music and
transposes according to the instruments they contain.
- Keyboard and Fretboard windows: allows users to input notes by clicking on
keys, or by playing their computer's keyboard like a piano, ideal for anyone
unfamiliar with many of the basics of music notation.
- Chord symbols: enables songwriters to add chord symbols for an entire lead
sheet in just a few seconds.
- Easy to Share: Allows composers to easily play back scores and create audio
files for backing tracks, CDs and MP3 sharing.
- Online publishing â€“ Allows consumers to publish music online in a form that
can be played back, transposed and printed out directly within a Web browser.
Consumers can also sell their music online at SibeliusMusic.com.
Sibelius First is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Windows XP (SP2), Windows
Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), and is now available at major retailers and e-tailers
for $129 USMSRP.