Plugin site KVR Audio has posted the entries in its Developer Challenge 2009.
The contest challenges developers to create new free audio plug-ins and audio apps.
- amphetamine, a 6-Oscillator Synth-Module.
- Anawave, a hybrid analogue/wavetable synth.
- Explor3r (by thelowerrhythm), a three oscillator monosynth with channel-dedicated amplitude envelopes, lowpass filters and LFOs, all glued together with a matrix that allows both phase modulation and sync inputs on each oscillator to be fed by the output of any other oscillator (including itself).
- FerricTDS, a Tape Dynamics Simulator inspired by the smooth dynamic shaping capabilities of some high-end reel-to-reel tape recorders
- HybridReverb2, a convolution-based reverberation effect which combines the sound quality of a convolution reverb with the tuning capability of a feedback delay network.
- massTURBOtar, a hybrid synthesizer with unique morphing capabilities.
- New Blend, algorithmic music generator (an ‘in the works’ port of forthcoming breathcube, algorithmic song generator).
- Phase Shifter, phasing effect which emulates four tape decks and many more features such as time stretching, filters & FX.
- RA Mowg, a Minimoog Model D clone created by Roberson Audio.
- sg-grainbot (by synthgeek), an experimental synth based on granular synthesis and mathematically generated noise.
See the contest site for the details on all the synths.