Affilliate Links help support the site
Lexicon has introduced its newest professional reverb and effects processor - the PCM96 Surround
- that increases inputs and outputs, configuration options and reverb/effects algorithms. Hereâ€™s all the details directly from their press releaseâ€¦
Lexicon is introducing its PCM96 Surround Reverb/Effects Processor at the 125th AES Convention in San Francisco. The Surround version delivers 50 new and legendary Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects, while at the same time offering more presets, configuration options and additional inputs and outputs. Designed for the modern studio, the PCM96 Surround can function as a control-only insert or FireWire streaming audio plug-in inside any Mac VSTÂ® or Audio Units software.
A new Pitch algorithm has been developed for the PCM96 Surround in addition to the Room, Hall, and many additional algorithms for music and post production. The Pitch algorithm will also be released as a software update for the original PCM96 on Nov 1st
Lexiconâ€™s new Room algorithm provides a more flexible alternative to convolution type reverbs. Reflection patterns can now be easily selected, scaled and equalized â€“ all while simultaneously passing audio. They can be instantly reversed or combined with a traditional reverb to extend the delay or bring a stronger sense of â€œlivenessâ€� to the space.
The PCM96 Surround uses multimode filters at several spots in the audio flow to provide more exact shaping of the reverb while still maintaining the distinctive Lexicon sound. All reverbs have an â€˜infiniteâ€™ switch that allows the reverb to run forever, a feature used for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects. With decades of legacy products to leverage, the PCM96 Surround includes over 2200 of the finest collection of factory presets available.
The PCM96 Surround can be divided into four virtual machines, each of which can run its own algorithm. This allows the signal from each input to be routed through a variety of algorithm combinations. Following in the tradition of the PCM60, PCM70 and PCM96 signal processors, the PCM96 Surround delivers the versatility and rich sound that is unmistakably Lexicon.
Two models are available: a digital only version with six XLR Stereo AES inputs and outputs; and a version with both digital and analog which includes two DB25 connectors with 6-channel analog I/O and one DB25 with 6-channel digital I/O. Both versions feature MIDI, Wordclock, Ethernet, and FireWireÂ®.
The Lexicon PCM96 Stereo Reverb/Effects feature set includes:
- New Parallel Stereo and Surround configurations
- Lexiconâ€™s new Surround Room algorithm, used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and post
- New pitch algorithms
- 50 legendary LexiconÂ® reverbs, modulation, and delay effects
- Two models available:
- 6 XLR Stereo AES inputs and outputs
- Two DB25 6-channel analog I/O and one DB25 6-channel digital I/O
- â€œHardware Plug-Inâ€� feature with Mac VSTÂ® or Audio Units software
- Seamless automation and control via Ethernet or FireWire
- Over 2200 factory presets, including recognizable classics from Lexiconâ€™s immense library of sounds
- External BNC Wordclock input
- Multiple sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- 32-bit floating point processing
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- 768 user presets
- Large front panel OLED display
- Compact Flash preset storage
- HiQnetâ„¢ compatible
is the world's first connectivity and control protocol that integrates all product categories in the signal chain for professional audio systems of all types, size, and applications. Harman HiQnet no longer requires the user to manage multiple disparate operating systems or be responsible for programming individual signal processors, speaker controllers, wireless microphone systems, and mixing consoles. HiQnet was developed by engineers from across the Harman Pro Group and is coordinated by the System Development and Integration Group (SDIG), a team of dedicated systems specialists based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Pricing and Availability: