Affilliate Links help support the site
TASCAM's best-selling 24-track / 24-bit workstation has been upgraded to the 2488neo
. The company tell us that the updated model has a bold new look and new mastering effects to create punchy, polished mixes. Like its predecessor, the 2488neo has eight microphone inputs, seven effects processors, a 80GB hard drive and the simple user interface common to all TASCAM Portastudios.
Paul Jenkins, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for TASCAM, told us, "TASCAM continues to innovate the field of home recording. We understand that musicians want tools that are simple to use so that they can stay creative. Our Digital Portastudio lineup is second to none, and the 2488neo is the new flagship in that segment."
The 2488neo features an 80GB hard drive, enough for hours of 44.1kHz/24-bit recording. The eight microphone inputs, four with XLR and phantom power, can be assigned to any track for recording large ensembles. A reverb effect, multi effect with guitar amp simulation, and up to 9 compressors are also included. The new mastering effect includes multi-band EQ, compression and limiting for professional-sounding mixes which can be burned to CD or transferred to computer through the USB 2.0 jack.
Pricing and Availability:
- New mastering effects include multiband compression, EQ and noise shaping for pro-sounding CD mixes
- 3-band EQ on 24 channels, 8-inputs and stereo bus with high and low sweepable shelving bands and full parametric mid band
- Three aux sends on all channels except the effects return
- Loop effect provides reverb, delay, chorus and more on an aux send and return
- Assignable Guitar multi-effects processor for overdrive, distortion, chorus, delay, flange and more
- Up to eight assignable dynamics processors for compression during recording or mixdown
- Dedicated Stereo Compressor on the stereo output
- Eight inputs: 4 XLR with phantom power double as 1/4" mic/line inputs, plus four more 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Nineteen 45mm faders including master fader
- LCD display for viewing meters and edit parameters
- 250 Virtual tracks
- CD-RW drive to record Audio CDs, import/export WAV files and backup hard drive
- High-speed USB 2.0 jack connects to PC or MacÂ® for data backup and SMF/WAV file
- Recording resolution: 44.1kHz, 16-bit or 24-bit