Affilliate Links help support the site
Behringer has updated its Eurodesk line of mixers with the new SX series of recording and live sound consoles. First to arrive are the SX2442FX
twenty-four channel and SX3242FX
thirty-two channel mixers. Behringer tell us that the SX series is designed to meet the needs of studio and live mixing applications, with a comprehensive set of features that combine sonic excellence and a full complement of mixing & sound modification tools. Hereâ€™s all the details in behringerâ€™s own wordsâ€¦
Each four-bus mixer features ultra-low noise, high-headroom XENYX microphone preamps. Mono input channels feature three-band, semi-parametric mid-range EQ with Neo-classic â€œBritishâ€� response. Stereo input channels provide precise four-band equalization. Each input has four aux sends; with two sends switchable between pre/post fader, for a flexible mix of monitor and effects applications.
External signal processing racks can be largely eliminated, thanks to the SX Seriesâ€™ two integrated effects processors and stereo 9-band graphic EQ. One-hundred 24-bit / 96kHz studio-quality effects presets can be called-up and assigned to one or both internal effects buses. Main or Monitor output EQ is set and fine-tuned with the intuitive FBQ Feedback Detection display.
When external processing is required, the SX Series provides extensive insert patch-points for input channels and main outputs. The Master section offers a wealth of features such as multiple aux and stereo returns, switchable SIP / PFL monitoring, Talkback, metering and more.
An internal auto-ranging power supply (100 â€“ 240V), gold-plated XLR output connectors and rugged steel construction ensure that the SX Series consoles will travel anywhere to tackle any recording or mixing task, with pristine audio quality and a minimum of external gear.
Pricing and Availability:
- Premium ultra-low noise, high-headroom analog mixer
- 16/20 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps (SX2442FX/SX3242FX)
- Two/four stereo input channels with 4-band EQ plus 2 additional stereo input channels with Level and pre-fader Aux controls (SX2442FX/SX3242FX)
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band
- Two independent studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processors with 100 presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- High-precision 9-band stereo graphic EQ for monitor or main mixes
- FBQ Feedback Detection system
- Peak LEDs, Mute, Main mix and subgroup routing switches, Solo and PFL functions on all channels
- Inserts on each mono channel and main mix for flexible connections to outboard processors
- 4 Subgroup outputs and additional Mono output with sweepable Low Pass filter for subwoofer application
- 4 Aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Balanced Main mix outputs with 1â�„4" jacks and gold-plated XLR connectors, separate Control room, Headphone and stereo Tape outputs
- Solo-In-Place and Pre-Fader-Listen functions plus full-featured Talkback section
- Standby switch mutes all channels during breaks while background music is provided via CD/Tape inputs
- Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Internal auto-ranging power supply for maximum flexibility (100 â€“ 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
US MSRP â€“ SSX2442FX - $739.99, SX3242FX - $879.99