Affilliate Links help support the site
Akai has announced that their MPC5000
is now shipping to authorized dealers. The MPC series has set a standard for producers making beats and Akai believe that the moment that details about the MPC5000 were released in early 2008, it immediately became one of the most highly anticipated products of the year.
Akai say that the new MPC5000 is the result of dozens of engineers, 20 years of experience and a new synth and drum sampling engine unlike any MPC. MPC5000 is the first MPC to permit eight-track streaming hard disk recording for real-time capture of individual tracks or even entire songs. A 20-voice, three-oscillator analog synthesizer with arpeggiator, a new sequencing engine with 960 PPQ resolution, pad and track muting and mixing, 64 continuous sample tracks and 12 Q-Link controllers highlight just some of the never-before-seen features and capabilities that make MPC5000 the most advanced MPC ever.
Akai believe that MPC5000's virtual analog synth eliminates the need for users to deal with connecting external analog synth modules or working with buggy software synthesizers. They say that the eight-track, direct-to-disk recorder lets musicians produce complete songs and mix them down internally. An optional CD/DVD drive permits usage of audio on CD or DVD in songs, and also records compositions. More than 650MB of premium sounds from Loopmasters are included so that MPC5000 is ready to go straight out of the box.
- Sixty four-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory built-in; expandable up to 192MB RAM
- Three-oscillator virtual analog synth engine with arpeggiator
- More than 300 Virtual Analog synths including
- Eight-track direct-to-hard disk recording
- More than 40 unique effects within a modular four-bus effects processor
- Master equalizer and compressor
- â€œOld schoolâ€� mode provides vintage sampler sound
- Built-in 80GB hard drive
- Optional CD-R/DVD drive
- USB 2.0 port for computer connectivity
- CF Type-2 card slot (up to 2GB)
- Chop-Shop 2.0 software included - slices stereo loops into individual samples and automatically assigns to pads
- Patched Phrases - creates multiple splits in looped samples to ensure proper tempo sync without changing pitch
- Continuous Sample Track - ensures samples play in perfect sync no matter where you start the beat in a loop
- 12 Q-link controllers for internal automation, external MIDI control and quick parameter editing.
- 240 x 128 hinged backlit LCD is double the size of previous MPC displays
- Ten analog outputs, eight ADAT-optical outputs, and stereo S/PDIF I/O
- Powerful new multimode filter
- Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
- Turntable phono inputs with RIAA preamp
- XLR + 1/4-inch combination inputs, selectable mic/line for use with any input source
Additionally, say Akai, waveforms appear crystal-clear on the oversized display. Integrated Chop Shop 2.0 supports stereo chops and Patched Phrases. MPC5000 is also the first MPC with Random and Cycle sample playback added to the Zone play. A turntable input with preamp and XLR + 1/4-inch inputs provide a wide range of options for connecting any source equipment for production and performance.
Pricing and Availability:
MPC5000 is now available from music and pro audio retailers. It carries an MSRP of $3,499.00.