Affilliate Links help support the site
Solid State Logic has announced the release of Matrix
at the Frankfurt Musikmesse.
Matrix is a SuperAnalogue 16 channel, 40 input mixing console with inbuilt signal router and multi-layer digital workstation control. SSL say that it is designed to bring the soul of analogue sound into the process of digital workflow by providing the tools to work effectively in both domains simultaneously.
Matrix is composed of five main elements:
- 16 Channel Console with Dual Summing Inputs, Aux Sends and additional returnsâ€¦ providing more than 40 summed inputs to Mix output.
- 16+1 Fader, 4 Layer DAW Controller using Ethernet connection. This provides single cable, high speed workstation control for most popular DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic, Live and Reason.
- Integrated, recallable, software controlled 32x16x16 analogue routing matrix. Eliminates the need for external patchbays, bringing outboard analogue processing into DAW workflow.
- Powerful monitoring with independent Main & Mini monitor outputs, Artist Monitor output with independent EQ & source selection, three External Monitor inputs with source summing and front panel iJack input.
* A Mac and Windows compatible application that provides platform independent project management and routing control, this includes FX chains and routing set-ups to simplify patching outboard units through the router.
SSL tell us that the name Matrix is derived from its unique, software controlled integrated SuperAnalogueâ„¢ router. This manages the sends and returns of up to 16 analogue outboard processor units together with the assignment of the consoleâ€™s channel strip inputs and insert points. Using the Matrix Java control panel software, any combination of outboard gear can be rapidly inserted into any of your console channels, essentially giving you the ability to run your outboard as â€˜analogue plug-insâ€™ with your DAW.
Matrix has very sophisticated workstation control capabilities. Ethernet connection to the workstation eases the cabling process and provides control over up to four workstations from the same control surface. This enables users who use a creative suite of Rewired applications such as Logic and Reason, to simply switch control from one to another at a single button press.
Designed to be at the heart of the creative process, Matrix is built to withstand the most intensive studio use. Fully equipped to partner monitors, workstations and outboard gear, Matrix shapes the project studio around the userâ€™s workflow, providing a complete tool set to integrate analogue and digital technology, its also portable enough to move to wherever the creativity happens.
Pricing and Availability:
Matrix will be available worldwide through selected SSL Resellers in May 2008 with a MSRP of Â£12,500 + Local Tax.