Electrix, a division of SBD Music, Inc., has announced its plans to
show their New Virtual Repeater Pro
software in September at the Plasa
show in London.
The groundbreaking Electrix Repeater bought a host of new capabilities to the musician, DJ and
dedicated â€˜looperâ€™ when it was launched in 2001 â€“ earning a solid following. The re-launched Electrix
brand say that they are dedicated to supporting the existing Repeater product as well as bringing its outstanding
capabilities to a wider audience. The first offering in this product line is VirtualRepeater for PC and Mac. Electrix say that the experience of six years of Repeater has gone into making VirtualRepeater a uniquely powerful tool
for making music and on-the-fly remix.
Adam Scolaro, President of Electrix, told us, â€œWith more and more rack mount units becoming virtual programs, we wanted to make Repeater
available for all Mac and PC users.
Electrix achieved great recognition for their simple and intuitive user interface designs, whilst allowing
users to enjoy rich control over their audio. VirtualRepeater takes this philosophy further, delivering a
Graphical User Interface experience that is simple, intuitive and powerful. It complements the existing UI
with new graphical ways of interacting with loop material, allowing artists to see and interact with their
audio flow â€“ in real time.â€�
- Clean, dynamic, clean, fast and intuitive GUI
- Classic and Modern control panel styles
- Track controls for gesture control and mesmerizing visual feedback of loop track
behaviour. A whole new way of looping.
- Integrated single-pane loop browsing.
- Simple, clean, intuitive access to all controls. No menus to wade through.
- Direct help to keep you moving.
- Clean, crisp loops.
- Rock-solid beat detection; from picked guitar to four-on-the-floor VirtualRepeater hears you and
- Timing stretch. Want to match to 120BPM â€“ let VirtualRepeater take you there with no change in
pitch â€“ i
n real time.
- MIDI and user-controlled sync modes for versatile synchronization.
- Multiple loop tracks with independent control;
- Slip; offset by fractions of a beat or whole bars. From slap-back to telephasic mayhem.
- Pan; true stereo control.
- Pitch; From subtle thickening to chipmunks. Fractions and whole semitones.
- Play, stop, reverse. Tracks play against each other as you want them to.
- Effects; VST input, output and track inserts.
- Multiple output busses.
- Seamless real-time loop cueing.
Don Goodeve of Elecrtix had this to say,
â€œIt was a highpoint of my career to lead the development of the Electrix Repeater; a 13 month gestation
involving guitar, bass, techno/trance, folk, outstanding design, late nights and six really smart people
really cooking in not very much space to make it happen. A great experience - we are all still very proud
of what we built. With VirtualRepeater I am getting the chance to put the icing on the cake. I think you
will like itâ€¦â€�
Pricing and Availability: