Affilliate Links help support the site
Tascam stell us that their DM-4800
, announced at the show, is the ultimate digital console for professional users who demand a flexible, 64-channel mix platform that configures to fit their needs. A â€˜fat channelâ€™ strip in the center of the board provides instant access to 4-band parametric EQ, dynamics and aux controls available for the first 48 channels. Twenty-four studio-grade mic preamps provide enough inputs for a live event, and more can be added using expansion cards with external preamps.
Tascam say that the standard complement of analog and digital I/O is more than you'll find on consoles costing three times as much, and a completely configurable 24-buss routing system allows you to re-patch the board at the flick of a switch.
The DM-4800 is designed to fit seamlessly into the modern recording environment based around a computer DAW. With a single button press, the Remote layer provides a 24-fader control surface for control of premiere workstations such as Pro Tools, Logic, SONAR, DP, Cubase and Nuendo. The optional IF-FW/DmmkII
interface card (see below) provides 32 channels to and from a computer at up to 96kHz over a single FireWire cable. And the optional surround monitoring card provides downmixing, bass management and level control for mixing in up to 6.1 surround. Tascam say that no matter what your application, the DM-4800 adapts to the needs of any professional audio installation.
IF-FW/DMmkII FireWire Interface Card
- 48 channels and 16 returns for 64 total inputs
- 24 busses
- 12 Aux Sends
- 24 mic/line inputs with analog inserts and phantom power for condenser mics
- 24 channels of TDIF and 8 channels of ADAT built in
- 4 expansion card slots support optional FireWire, ADAT, AES/EBU, Analog, TDIF and Surround Monitoring cards
- Dedicated cascade port -supports cascade of two DM-4800s
- Channel Strip section for EQ, Dynamics and Aux control of selected channel
- Per channel LED ring encoders for pan, aux sends and EQ
- Built-in DAW control layer compatible with Pro ToolsÂ®, Logic Proâ„¢, SONARâ„¢, Cubaseâ„¢, Nuendoâ„¢, and Digital Performerâ„¢
- Transport buttons control DAW software or RS-422 devices
- Powerful automation with touch-sensitive motorized faders
- 4-band EQ, compression and gating on each channel
- Compression for each aux, buss and main output
- Two built-in effects processors, each able to run TC Reverb programs
- Flexible routing allows any input to be routed to any channel or output
- Offload data to convenient Compact Flash media using built-in CF slot
- Optional MU-1000 meter bridge
- Stylish, professional design with rear panel I/O connections
This new version of the popular expansion card turns the DM-3200 or DM-4800 into a 32-in/32-out computer interface. Users can record at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution without changing the channel count.
Jeff Laity Tascamâ€™s Pro Audio Product Manager had this to say, "The DM-3200 and DM-4800 were designed to be the ultimate front-end for a DAW recording system. The FireWire card makes them the perfect choice for computer-based recording studios. Both consoles have 32 direct outs, and the DM-4800 has 24 busses for tracking an entire band or orchestra. 12 aux sends means everyone in the band can have their own cue mix, and the console provides ample talkback and monitoring options. Use the Remote layer for control surface functions in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, DP and SONAR, and you have the ideal front-end for computer recording, even if you mix in-the-box."
TASCAM's IF-FW/DMmkII interfaces with Mac OSX or Windows systems using Core Audio, WDM and ASIO, providing 32 channels in and out to the DM-3200 or DM-4800 digital consoles at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
Pricing and Availability: