Behringer has posted videos and information on their new modular synths - the System 100 and System 55.
This is what they have to say on the System 100 - see video above
Introducing eleven new Eurorack compatible modules – all of them authentic reproductions of original “System 100M” circuitry from 1975. With ultra-fat oscillators and creamy filters the sound became famous in the early 80s used by artists like Depeche Mode, Human League, Tears For Fears but also Vangelis, Tangerine Dream and even Aphex Twin.
If you’re into super-fat bass sounds, in-your-face leads or flowing soundscapes, definitely check them out! All modules are incredibly feature rich, have tremendous patching capabilities and a lot of them come with dual function, like:
- 112 dual oscillator with 3 waveforms, PWM and two sync modes
- 121 dual filter with 3-channel mixer per filter
- 130 dual VCA, again with dual 3-channel mixers
- 140 dual envelope has 3 outputs per ADSR plus a built in LFO that can be triggered and phase synced
- 173 gates module comes even with four gates that can switch audio and 6 quad buffered multiples
- 297 has a dual portamento controller plus two independent CV mixers
- 150 brings a ring modulator, 2 noise generators, syncable LFO and a sample and hold generator
- 172 module delivers a 6-step phase-shifter, an analog delay, an LFO and a gate delay
- 305 is an output module a four-band parametric EQ, a 4-channel mixer, line and separate headphone output and even a tuning oscillator
- 182 there is a powerful analog sequencer with either dual 8 steps or 1-16 steps and tempo, portamento and gate time controls
- 110 is a complete synth voice with VCO, VCA and filter in a single module
Here’s the System 55…
Let’s switch on the time machine and go back to the sound of the 1970s. Introducing: Our Modular 55, 35 & 15 Series! We’ve got more than 20 modules for you – all authentic reproductions of the circuitry from the “Modular 55, 35 & 15" Series. And all brought to the Eurorack standard but still staying true to the era with some specific features.
That warm sound was loved by Artists from Tangerine Dream to Depeche Mode. And an earlier version used by Wendy Carlos on the famous album “Switched on Bach”. That brought the sound of synthesisers into mainstream music and became basically the founding father of all synths in pop music.
Pricing and Availability:
Thanks to YamahaSynth.com for sponsoring our coverage
All NAMM 2020 News | Videos | Live Blogs | Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Even more news...
On a 24 inch iMac
Cre8 price, Pittsburgh design
Made entirely on the Prophet X
Tech, music and whatnot