Affilliate Links help support the site
Akai have launched the MPK49
performance controller which they say ushers in a new era for USB/MIDI controllers by combining a high-quality, 49-key, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and 12 MPC-style drum pads. 48 total pads are accessible via 4 pad banks. The pads feature popular MPC Note Repeat function and Swing parameters, and the Akai MPK49 performance controller has its own arpeggiator, for creating quick, creative riffs in seconds.
The Akai MPK49 features MPC-style Full Level and 12 Levels functions on its pads, and MPC Swing can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds. The Akai MPK49 delivers an amazing 72 assignable controls, with assignable inputs that include an expression pedal, footswitch, pitch bend and modulation wheel.
Pricing and Availability:
- 49-key, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch
- 8 full-sized, 360 degree rotation pots, each with 3 banks for 24 pots total
- 12 MPC-style velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- MPC-style note repeat and all new arpeggiator
- 8 full-sized sliders with 3 controller banks for each for 24 sliders total
- 8 assignable backlit switches with 3 controller banks each for 24 switches total
- MMC/MIDI Start Stop transport buttons
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display