Cherry Audio is kicking off its "Bob Moog Appreciation Month" with the release of Minimode, which they describe as their homage to Dr. Robert A. Moog and the best-known and loved analog synthesizer ever made, the 1971 Minimoog Model D®. Theysay that Minimode is an absolutely authentic emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers that defined the sound of Kraftwerk, Herbie Hancock, Rick Wakeman, Pink Floyd, Parliament, Gary Numan, and countless others. And as part of their month-long BMAM celebration, Cherry Audio will be donating a portion of profits from Minimode to the Bob Moog Foundation, the non-profit organization dedicated to Dr. Moog's legacy of groundbreaking work at the intersection of music, science, and imagination. Here's more details direct from Cherry Audio...
Minimode was conceived as the ultimate tribute to the original instrument. We focused on a single principle: absolute authenticity. In association with DSP master and frequent collaborator Mark Barton (MRB), we studied and measured every nuance, every curve, and every response of the audio. Even the Minimode interface is a meticulous recreation of the Minimoog®, from the maple cabinet and textured surface to the unmistakable "Cosmo" knobs and switches. We avoided the temptation to add extra features, such as additional LFOs or effects, which might distract from the spirit and vibe of the classic Model D. Instead, Minimode portrays the pure, raw, powerful sound and feel of the classic original.
Whether you're seeking monstrous leads, funky basslines, or warm atmospheric pads, Minimode has you covered. In fact, the resulting tones are so mighty that we could not resist adding one particular enhancement - if one classic synth voice isn't enough, we've made it easy to dial in two, four, eight, or sixteen polyphonic voices guaranteed to bring the house down.
Need instant access to outstanding sounds? Minimode includes a library of over 250 presets created by professional sound designers. Brass, keys, percussion, sound effects, and of course, the signature earthshaking basses and leads the Mini is renowned for are just a click away. In addition, we've added a new feature to Minimode: the ability to save custom MIDI controller mappings to individual presets or globally, or both!
- Faithful virtual analog emulation of the legendary Model D
- All features of the original in a realistic interface exactly as the original
- Three oscillators with triangle, sawtooth-triangular, ramp sawtooth, square, wide rectangular, and narrow rectangular waveforms
- Classic four-pole, 24dB/octave ladder filter
- Feedback and Sidechain, replicating the original instrument's External Input function with super accurately replicated overdrive characteristics
- Fully programmable with over 250 factory preset patches created by pro sound designers
- Monophonic and polyphonic modes: 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 voices
- Superbly accurate modeling of inherent oscillator mixer and VCA overdrive characteristics
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support for expressive performances using MPE-compatible controllers
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn
- Preset and Global level MIDI mapping
Whether it's a vintage original or the recent reissue, it's nearly impossible to find a fully functioning Minimoog these days for under $6000. It's been said, "Everyone should have one," and we couldn't agree more. That's why Cherry Audio is bringing Minimode to the desktop for the inconceivably low price of only $39 (List $59). The Minimode synthesizer is available now at cherryaudio.com and authorized resellers worldwide for Windows and macOS, in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats, with a free 30-day demo.
Pricing and Availability:
New native instrument from the Spark range
Syntakt, Stuber Cherry Audio listening tests
A detailed look at the new Wavetable synth