Modern Sounds are soon to release Pluto, which they describe as a mini-modular synthesizer for real-time composing, sound processing, and having fun. Here's the details direct from the company...
Pluto is compact and portable, with abilities that belie its small size. Five channels of modulation (named for the five moons of Pluto), two voices, two sequencers, a mini-keyboard, and onboard delay make Pluto its own complete sound environment, but it can happily play with all your other gear.
The design of Pluto draws from a legacy of portable electronic instruments, from the Buchla Music Easel to 80s Casio synthesizers. With a focused, approachable interface, Pluto invites exploration.
- Compact 2-voice, 2-sequencer patchable synthesizer
- Easily create complex, randomized sequences
- Low-aliasing digital oscillators, wavetable oscillators
- Mini touch keyboard
- Clock range from 1 bpm to audio rates
- Audio input for audio processing (line level)
- Audio output (headphone, line out)
- Quantize to preset scales, MIDI, or even audio input
- Built-in delay with looping and glitch modes
- Eurorack-compatible patch signals (5v)
- Sync In & Out
- MIDI In & Out (TRS, USB)
- 2 channels CV Out (0-5v, default 1v/oct calibrated)
- Power/charge via USB (Micro B, cable included)
- Rechargeable 2500mAh battery
- Size: 7.5 x 3.5 x 1.57 inches / 190.5 x 87.5 x 40mm
- Weight: 12oz / 340g
Pricing and Availability:
Pluto is coming soon.