Overloud has released the latest product in their new plug-in line, called Gems, dedicated to mixing and mastering. Comp G, is described as the revolutionary simulation of a legendary British VCA Master Bus compressor. They say that Comp G goes beyond the mere simulation of the original unit, by adding features not available in the hardware, like the mid-side processing, the parallel compression and and EQ on the sidechain. A spokesperson told us, "Comp G is the ultimate tool for professional engineers who mix with no compromises."
• Hyper-realistic simulation of the original unit thanks to the 4th generation dsp technology
• Built-in Parallel Compression
• Built-in Mid-Side Processing
• Built-in filters on the Sidechain
• Continuous time and ration selection
• Low CPU usage: more than 1000 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
• Multilevel undo-redo
• A/B Comparison
• Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
• Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
Comp G is available as VST, AudioUnit and AAX plug-ins as well as stand-alone application, 32 and 64 bit for macOS and Windows operating systems.
Pricing and Availability:
Comp G is available at the introductory price of €89 / $89 until May 7th 2018. The list price is €139 / $139.
UA Volt, Berna 3, Chiptunes and Thriller vocals
Tech, music and whatnot
And other stuff too...
We got a look at it in action