Shakmat Modular has released Time Wizard, a new Eurorack module. A spokesperson told us, "Casting spells on boring clock signals, the Time Wizard has got a bag full of arcane time-warping tricks. All his magical feats are based on 6 dividers with selectable division factors and 4 switches providing 81 routing variations. This module's occult powers have been harnessed to easily clock and reset other sequencers with odd time signatures, provide weird clock division/multiplication ratios, and create complex poly-rhythms"
• Sextuple clock divider divided in two sections A and B
• Dedicated potentiometer acting on the division factor for each divider
• Clock multiplying and weird div / mult ratio abilities for the first section, first section incoming clock can be multiplied by 3 or 4, allowing to get easily triplets from a 16th clock or mult / div association as x4 / 7
• Independent clocking or divider association abilities for the second section, so B5 and B6 can get their clock in internally from B4. For example, associating B4 = /7 and B5 = /16 provide a hit at each clock beginning of 4 bars with a 7/4 time signature
• Auto-reset available for the first section or the whole module, the autoreset is provided by B6
• Additional logic functions for divider A2 : A2 output can provide the following functions : A2 AND B5 or A2 OR A3
• Jumper on the back for Trigger or Gate selection for B5 and B6
• User replaceable firmware chip
• Skiff friendly (22mm deep)
• 8 HP Wide
Pricing and Availability:
DIY Kit: 115 €
Ready to use: 159 €
The tiniest modular company's range is expanding rapidly...
Three new modules make up this years announcements