Its makers describe Fragment as a collaborative cross-platform audiovisual live coding environment with pixels based real-time image-synth approach to sound synthesis.
A spokeperson told us, "The sound synthesis is powered by pixels data produced on the graphics card by live GLSL code, everything is based on pixels! Fragment is able to produce high-quality fast additive and granular synthesis simultaneously with re-synthesis support, it has many features making it a bliss to produce any kind of sounds or visuals and is aimed at artists seeking a creative environment with few limitations to experiment with, a programmable noise-of-all-kinds monster."
- Complete additive, spectral, granular synthesizer powered by WebAudio oscillators, a wavetable OR Fragment Audio Server
- Complete audio/visuals live coding environment with JIT compilation of shader code
- Real-time, collaborative app.
- Distributed sound synthesis, multi-machines/multi-core support (Audio Server with fas_relay)
- Stereophonic or monaural
- 32-bit float images data (WebGL 2 only)
- Multi-output channels per slice
- Shader inputs (webcam, images, videos with audio analysis, audio files analysis, drawing over textures...)
- MIDI in
- OSC in/out
- Spectral recording with export and re-import as a texture
- Audio synthesis can be done on a dedicated computer on the network
- Per-sessions discussion system
- Sessions based, no authentifications, ability to run locally
Pricing and Availability: