Apogee Electronics has announced that the Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge, a 64 channel interface for connecting Apogee's Symphony I/O to any Thunderbolt equipped Mac computer, is now available worldwide. They say that, for the first time, the award winning sound quality of Symphony I/O can be paired with the blistering speed and bandwidth of Intel's ThunderBolt technology for unparalleled studio power. Here's the full details in Apogee's own words...
Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge connects Apogee's flagship audio interface, Symphony I/O, to any Thunderbolt™ equipped Mac for true Thunderbolt compatibility and performance. Capable of up to 64 channels of input and output at sample rates up to 192kHz, Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge delivers impressive channel counts at unprecedented speeds for a latency and hassle free recording experience that meets the requirements of the most demanding professional audio I/O applications.
Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge features two Thunderbolt ports for taking advantage of the Thunderbolt protocols ability to daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt devices. This allows for devices such as hard drives and DisplayPort monitors to be connected in series with Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge to the Mac via a single Thunderbolt port.
Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge will also connect Apogee's X-Symphony equipped AD-16X, DA-16X and Rosetta Series converters to Thunderbolt Macs for legacy compatibility. Existing users of these devices will simply need to update to the most current software/firmware available on Apogee's website before connecting to Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge.
Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge Highlights
- Connects up to 64 channels of Apogee I/O to any Thunderbolt-equipped Mac
- Operates at sample rates from 44.1-192 kHz
- Compatible with Symphony I/O and X-Symphony-equipped Rosetta 800, 200, AD16X and DA16X.
- Latency = 1.8 ms at 96kHz/32 buffer
- 2 Thunderbolt™ ports for connecting additional peripherals
- 2 PC-32 ports for connection to Apogee interfaces
- DC Input - 12V DC 30W (power supply included)
- Status LEDs to verify proper system configuration at a glance
- Works with any Core Audio compatible application on Mac including: Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live
- Certified by Intel
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Audio Interfaces: Apogee Symphony I/O, X-Symphony-equipped Rosetta Series or X Series interface
- Computer: Thunderbolt-enabled Mac computer, including MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, and iMac
- Thunderbolt™ cable
- Mac OS: 10.7 or later
- Power: DC Power supply included
Pricing and Availability:
Now Available Worldwide