Affilliate Links help support the site
We brought you news of these yesterday but now Akai have sent us their press release from the product launch at the NAMM show in Nashville. Here's the details in their own words...
LPD8 Laptop Pad Controller
Make beats with any audio software with the LPD8. No matter where you are when an idea pops into your head, you can turn it into a beat by simply plugging the LPD8 into your Mac or PC. This compact controller easily fits in your laptop bag or backpack so you can always have it on hand. This USB-MIDI controller has eight backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads, eight Q-Link knobs, and four programmable memory banks. You can send note information, MIDI CCs, or program changes from the pads to software.
LPK25 Laptop Keyboard Controller
- Plug-and-play USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software_
- Eight backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads can send note, CC, or program change
- Eight assignable Q-Link knobs for controlling any parameters in software
Create melodic and harmonic ideas with the LPK25. Whenever and wherever inspiration strikes, you can pop the LPK25 out of your bag and be making music with virtually any audio software in seconds. It's small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag so you can take it with you anywhere you go. This USB-MIDI controller has 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys and an arpeggiator for automatically stepping through the notes of a chord in sequence. There's a sustain button, octave up and down controls, tap tempo, and four programmable memory banks for comprehensive control.
Pricing and Availability:
- Plug-and-play USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys
- Arpeggiator, sustain button, octave up and down, and tap tempo controls
Shipping: End of August